API Development InternRegular price
About the job
About the Company:
Founded in 1994, Ventura is an omnichannel trading and investment platform with a network of branches, sub-brokers and Digital Channels. As we pivot to a digital-first business and focus on building a fintech ecosystem, we are excited to transform our product and business offerings for the digital age.
What we offer:Ventura
Experience being a part of a next-generation financial platform that's building from scratch. We are seeking a highly motivated API Intern to join our team. As an API Intern, you will be responsible for assisting with the design, development, and implementation of APIs. We are building an ecosystem of partnerships on top of our APIs, and you will work closely with our product & development team to ensure that our APIs are efficient, effective, and meet the needs of our partners and customers.
Join us if you like to:
- Assist in the design, development, implementation & test of APIs.
- Assist in documenting API usage and best practices followed with robust security protocols.
- Collaborate with fintech partners and assist in vendor documentation, integrations, resolve API-related issues and bridge any API gaps.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies related to APIs both locally and internationally and help build the best breed of API practices.
We’ll need you to bring:
- Basic understanding of programming languages such as Java, Python, or Ruby
- Experience working with RESTful APIs, Swagger, Postman.
- Experience with API management platforms such as Apigee or AWS API Gateway
- Familiarity with API design principles such as REST, SOAP, and GraphQL
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile and Scrum. Knowledge of data formats such as JSON and XML.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Passion for learning and innovation
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field