Application EngineerRegular price
About the job
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and digital identification solutions company that provides branding and information labeling solutions, including pressure-sensitive materials, radio-frequency identification (RFID) inlays and tags, and a variety of converted products and solutions. The company designs and manufactures a wide range of labeling and functional materials that enhance branded packaging, carry or display information that connects the physical and the digital, and improve customers’ product performance. The company serves an array of industries worldwide, including home and personal care, apparel, e-commerce, logistics, food and grocery, pharmaceuticals and automotive. The company employs approximately 36,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2022 were $9.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
At Avery Dennison, some of the great benefits we provide are:
Health & Wellness benefits starting on day 1 of employment
Paid parental leave
Flexible work arrangements
Employee Assistance Program eligibility / Health Advocate
Paid vacation and Paid holidays
Avery Dennison is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Avery Dennison is a global leader in pressure-sensitive adhesives and materials, labels, tags, retail systems and specialty chemicals. The Fastener Solutions Division of Avery Dennison is a worldwide manufacturer of plastic fastening systems used in the automotive, apparel, retail, industrial and packaging industries. Our three-shift injection molding and extrusion operation is located in Fitchburg, MA. The Fastener Solutions Division is ISO/TS 16949 certified.
The successful candidate will be a major contributor to our Research and Development Team while supporting the commercial and operations team on existing product offerings. We are seeking an individual with strong design experience who can create precision plastic components, test fixtures, electro and pneumatic mechanisms and machinery.. Experience in rapid prototyping processes as well as in the use of solid modeling computer aided design software is required.
Your responsibilities will include:
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Application and Technical Support for existing product lines
- Collaborate with Operations & Quality functions to ensure quality standards of high volume manufacturing
- Design, analyze, prototype, and qualify new products through project development process
- Support multiple product development projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines for deliverables
- Collaborate with Business Development and Sales functions to identify and develop new product solutions that meet identified market needs (CTQ’s & VOC)
- Diagnose/solve customer problems related to existing and new product testing and deployment
- Supports business process management methodologies such as ISO9001/IATF16949.
- Identify/lead external resources for design, development, & prototyping
- Help to identify, qualify, and develop high quality suppliers
What we will be looking for in you:
- 1 to 3 years demonstrated ability in the engineering design of plastic components, mechanisms, and fixturing
- Understanding of injection molded plastic materials and properties
- Engineering Changes (ECO) experience
- Solid modeling proficiency (Preferably SolidWorks)
- Injection molding tooling and process comprehension
- Experience in lab equipment (ie. Vision systems, 3d printers, and force testers)
- Proven communication, problem solving, listening, and negotiation skills
- ISO/TS-16949 (IATF) design control experiences a plus
- Proficient in spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software (Google-based)
- Lean Sigma experiences a plus
- Ability to travel (10%) on a global basis
- Must be authorized to work in US without sponsorship
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering, Plastic Design or a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact (440)534-6000 or NA.TA.Operations@averydennison.com to discuss reasonable accommodations.