Arity - Software Engineering InternRegular price
About the job
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone. At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation. That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Engineering Team
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
The Arity Software Engineer Intern will serve as a member of a product team. They practice and are the champions of the Scrum methodology in a cloud environment with a product mindset within each product team.
- Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team’s backlog
- Participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
- Participate in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
- Collaborates within the team in designing systems and apps
- Practices daily paired programming and test driven development in writing software and building products
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
- Provides support for software products in user environments
- Target Start Date: May/June 2023
- Rising Junior or Senior
- Working towards a Bachelor's in Engineering, Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts, object-oriented design principles
- Knowledge of developing software in different programming languages, and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new languages
- Knowledge and experience on approaches and tools for automated testing and monitoring
- Experience with Java, KOTLIN, or GO
- Backend development, design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching), messaging and big data development, implementation and optimization
- Experience and knowledge in web and API security including authentication, authorization, OAuth, OWASP, OpenID, and SAML
- Experience in testing frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, Jasmine, Protractor, Cucumber, and other like technologies
- Experience with packaging/build tools like Gradle, Maven, NPM, Artifactory, Jenkins, Concourse, etc.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn