Associate Software EngineerRegular price
About the job
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking an Associate Software Engineer for their Experimental Systems Group located in Seal Beach, CAAt Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.As an Associate Software Engineer for this dynamic Boeing program, you will join a highly collaborative, close-knit multi-disciplinary team.Primary
- Utilize your understanding of the software development process and the ability to work with multiple support teams to identify and resolve issues
- Leverage your creative problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills across a broad domain of computing situations and activities
- Collaborate well in a team environment
- Clearly communicate status and issues and suggest alternative paths forward
- Perform systems engineering and requirements decomposition
- Develop software in a Linux environment
- Be actively involved in continuous improvement as we move towards Scaled Agile and DevSecOps
- This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. A final Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (U.S. Citizenship required) or requires candidate agreed to enter a Continuous Evaluation program.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or other technical degree
- Must have 1+ years' of experience with software development.
- Experience with Java/JMS is desired.
- Experience with Agile, DevSecOps and automated testing is desired.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
Drug Free Workplace (US Specific):
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift (US Specific):
This position is for 1st shift
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Sign In For Details