Associate Software EngineerRegular price
About the job
Job Location- Bangalore OR Chennai
What you will do
- Build and automate the deployment of our data pipelines and applications to support data scientists and researchers with their reporting and data requirements.
- Work on ingestion platforms, Java and understanding of AWS cloud services (e.g. Lambda, Step Functions).
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance & help write automated tests to ensure data integrity and prevent data loss.
- Understand the data pipelines to gain knowledge and contribute for the improvements.
- Work with administrative resources and support provisioning, monitoring, configuration and maintenance of AWS tools, S3, & MYSQL.
- Promote the integration of new cloud technologies and continuously acquire knowledge on new tools that will improve the organization’s capabilities while leading to lower total cost of operation.
- Support automation efforts across the data analytics team utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform, Configuration Management, and Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) tools such as Jenkins.
- Work with the team to implement data governance, access control and identify and reduce security risks.
What you will need
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related technical fields.
- 0.6-2 years’ experience in software development.
- Expertise with Java & SQL.
- Experience with unit testing.
- A plus if you have experience with AWS Services, Open-source big data technologies like Apache Storm, Spark and Flink.
- Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication; detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Takes initiative on improvements and testing results
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team