Backend EngineerRegular price
Pomelo strives to make the American Dream more attainable for U.S. immigrants, while also being able to provide financial stability for their families abroad. Mobile money is understood to be cashless, modern, and free. To us, mobile money is also inherently social--we are connected more than ever and want loved ones to be secure. Our mission is to reinvent the money transfer experience with credit to make it refreshingly free, fast, and safe.
We are still in stealth mode testing an internal working product. We raised a $20m seed round from prominent investors such as Founders Fund, Xfund, Afore, and by individuals such as Josh Buckley and Kevin Hartz (former founder of Xoom, Eventbrite). The Founder & CEO of Pomelo Eric Velasquez Frenkiel was the former Co-founder and CEO of Memsql, where he grew the company from 2→125 employees, $0→$20m ARR, to a point now valued #1 in YC W2011 and #39 on YC Top 100 Companies. Today, at Pomelo, he is joined by talent coming from organizations such as LendingClub, Galileo, and Memsql.
- You care deeply about building high-quality software and take immense pride in your craft.
- You are comfortable owning and driving the development of the product from 0 to 1.
- You have a strong grasp of engineering fundamentals.
- You are excited about working on a small team and helping us set the foundations for the company.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
About your role
- You will help define the product architecture all the way from the technologies we use to design principles that we apply.
- You will work closely with our product engineers and frequently talk to our customers to define the product experience.
- You will help scale the Pomelo team by hiring exceptional talent.
- If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.