Backend Software Engineer - Deployment PlatformRegular price
About the job
Sibros helps the world MOVE BETTER with the connected vehicle management platform that's purpose-built for the future of mobility, now. The automotive industry is undergoing seismic change with the shift towards cloud-connected, autonomous, shared, and electrified vehicle production. Join us on a journey where your talents will shape breakthrough digital innovations in luxury cars, commercial trucks, buses, performance bikes, and all other machines that can move, for years to come. Our award-winning, unified embedded firmware and cloud solution gives automakers everything needed to deliver new connected services, while improving vehicle safety and functionality with intelligent over-the-air updates and deep data analytics. Sibros is backed by top-flight investors including Google and Qualcomm and trusted by an exploding list of disruptive automotive brands, old and new. There has never been a better time to jump into a new era of massive industry transformation than now, with one of the fastest-growing companies in this space.
About the Role
One of Sibros’ core products is to offer OTA (over-the-air) software updates to a fleet of vehicles. We believe all the new vehicles will have some form of connectivity to the cloud in a few years. We are building a deployment engine that powers millions of vehicles with millions of software updates. This is not an easy problem to solve, especially in the automotive industry: vehicles could go offline anytime, poor network connectivity is a norm, updates need to happen only in safe circumstances… the list could go on. As part of the team, you will be working on tackling one of the most challenging and critical problems in the OTA domain, untangling various race conditions and scaling issues in a large distributed system. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement a highly scalable, reliable distributed system that orchestrates firmware package / configuration deployment among millions of vehicles
- Build an end-to-end secure package distribution system by leveraging IEEE Uptane framework
- Work closely with firmware engineers, frontend engineers and product owners to implement essential features like deployment strategy, event-driven notifications
- Define API as building blocks for customer to automate their entire deployment flow
- Understand the pattern of vehicle and cloud communication, and come up with creative solutions to handle various race conditions efficiently
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Strong track record in designing and implementing large scale distributed systems
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and adapt to a fast paced startup environment
- Proficient in writing at least one programming language in production grade
- Passionate about the vision and mission of the company, and interested in solving challenging problems in automotive IoT domain
- Strong experienced in writing Golang in production
- Experience in designing and implementing systems for large scale IoT devices
- Experience in public cloud and cloud-native technologies. E.g. AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience in developing large scale deployment / workflow orchestration systems. E.g. Airflow, Spinnaker.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sibros is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.