Benchmarking and Compliance Intern - Owner DataRegular price
Benchmarking and Compliance Intern – Owner Data
Location: New York, New York/ Remote
Bright Power has been a transformative player in clean energy and sustainable buildings since 2004. We believe a meaningful difference in climate change will only be realized if it is easy for building owners to make their buildings better.
Our approach is simple: we find energy and water problems in buildings, we fix them, and we follow up to make sure the solutions worked. Behind the scenes, our unique combination of software, analytics, engineering, and contracting makes it all happen. If you have a can-do problem-solving attitude and are excited to join a company of the brightest minds working on energy and water in buildings, then apply to join our team!
Bright Power is comprised of a team of diverse, talented, and hard-working individuals committed to growing this industry and making a positive impact on the environment. We are passionate about reducing energy and water usage by implementing energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Our goal is to improve the health, comfort, and value of our client’s buildings, while cultivating a sustainable future. We believe deeply in doing well by doing good and come to work every day seeking to change the world.
The Strategic Initiatives Business Unit of Bright Power is seeking detail-oriented and motivated interns to join our Access Team. Bright Power works with property owners who have loans through the Fannie Mae Green Loan program and helps them meet their utility data reporting requirements.
The Benchmarking & Compliance Owner Data Intern will review, store, and integrate property owner-paid utility data required for compliance. This position plays a crucial role in ensuring the success of the entire program.
- Conduct quality assurance of utility data sources from external clients
- Troubleshoot and communicate issues relating to data access and quality
- Transfer and store documents to ensure high standard of organization
- Follow detailed protocols to enable accurate and efficient integration of utility account data into our systems
- Collaborate with team members to improve workflow processes
- Quality control of monthly benchmarking submissions as needed
- Contribute to other Strategic Initiatives projects as needed
- Self-motivated and self-organizing direction -- this position works with an end deliverable for a client that has many moving pieces
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with spreadsheet-based programs -- Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience with utility bill data
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment providing ideas and open feedback
- Graduated college or university in the last year
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or similar technical field are preferred, but an equivalent level of industry experience is also accepted
- Experience in the real estate, energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainability or building operations world
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Experience with cloud-based CRM platforms -- Salesforce
- Experience with Energy Star Portfolio Manager, especially for Multifamily Buildings and Commercial
- Willingness to learn SQL
What you get out of working at Bright Power
- Opportunity to learn about energy management, working with utilities and utility data, and sustainable buildings
- Full-time position at $17 hourly salary
- Training in utility benchmarking and industry-standard software tools
- Networking with leaders across Bright Power’s business units, and connections to leaders in the building and energy industry
- 8 hours of paid time off per month
- Be part of a team that is hard-working and driven, but doesn’t take itself too seriously