Junior Web DeveloperRegular price
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The Public Theater is seeking a Junior Web Developer to design, implement, and support new web features for publictheater.org and internal tools. The ideal candidate has an eye for web design and is a creative problem solver. This role reports to the Director of Web Development.
- Integrates website with the Public Theater’s CRM, Tessitura, in collaboration with other Tessitura stakeholders.
- Aligns development timelines with priorities of the larger organization.
- Interacts with stakeholders across the organization, effectively communicating technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Works with the IT team to maintain the website’s IT infrastructure.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the web patron experience and recommends solutions.
- Optimizes the Episerver CMS user experience through trainings, customizations, and documentation.
- Working knowledge of a backend programming language (ex. C#, Java, Ruby, Python)
- Experience interfacing with a third party API
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple web projects, both self-directed and as part of a team
- Strong debugging skills
- General interest in arts and culture a plus
- Ability to work remotely for the present time, to be working in NYC offices by mid/late ’22 in a hybrid model.
Salary: Starting salary is $65,000. This is a non-exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Position is available immediately.
Benefits & Perks: The Public Theater offers a robust slate of benefits, which currently include: A range of excellent health, dental, and vision insurance options | Employee Assistance Program and Work-Life Services | Flexible paid time off | One paid “day of service” each year | 10 weeks of paid family leave | Commuter benefits for parking and transit | Flexible spending accounts for healthcare | Pension | 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan | Life and disability coverage | Discounted gym memberships | Free access to Public Theater programming and opportunities to access free and discounted tickets to other theater productions as theaters continue to safely reopen in NYC |
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.Sign In For Details