Software EngineerRegular price
About the job
Together we are powering the future of Higher Education
Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission ~ the power of education to transform lives and change the world. We are the global market leader in EdTech for Higher Education, serving more than 2,700 customers and reaching over 26 million students in 50+ countries. We are dedicated to helping Higher Ed thrive by transforming their institutions to agile, digitally connected campuses that enable student success.
About The Opportunity
Ellucian is looking for a talented Software Engineer I to work with the Ellucian Data Team; a cloud-based service using cutting edge technologies with large amounts of data movement.
Where you will make an impact
- Drive the full development life cycle, from design and development, to testing and release of working new and existing software systems and/or applications to add value and meet clients' needs
- Assess user needs to determine technical requirements
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality
- Analyse code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed
- Develop & review code
- Plan and conduct automated, unit, and module testing
- Provide input for product documentation
- Determine and implement optimum design, workflow, and functionality of software products
- Collaborate with analysts, architects, engineers, designers, and Product Management
- Delivery outcome is a successful product release
- Implement Ellucian’s SaaS-based Data Service platform, using a scalable microservice approach with technologies such as Node.js, GraphQL, Python, C#, and .NET Core, AWS DMS, AWS Batch, S3, EMR, RDS, AWS Lambda, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- Participate in periodic Tier 3 level support rotation.
What You Will Bring
- Solid understanding of modern software development and design.
- A natural problem solver.
- Strong desire to learn to code.
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes (or similar container/orchestration).
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Platform/Services such as AWS or Azure
- Docker and Kubernetes (or similar container/orchestration).
- Experience with leveraging DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test-Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of end user capabilities
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, written and oral communications
What makes #Ellucianlife
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k & Bright Plan - to help you save for the future
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Women in Technology, Pride and Go Green to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Professional development opportunities
Req ID: 4186
Hiring Type: Full - Time
Level of Experience: Entry-Level
Travel Required: None