Sirius XM Radio Inc.Regular price
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Freakonomics Radio Network's intern should have a solid grounding in good journalism practices, an interest in economic and social science research, and a desire to develop their reporting skills. Our weekly podcasts promise to reveal "the hidden side of everything" and we aim to do it in each episode by featuring unusual stories, lively characters and solid reporting and research. Our Intern should be curious about a wide variety of subjects, comfortable with data and academic research, be detail oriented, and have excellent written skills. They should be enthusiastic learners with an ability to work independently and in a team. We prefer some journalism or writing experience, but we do not require new interns to have experience with radio production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative and production support
- Manage studio bookings and audio-equipment shipping
- Manage transcription process Meticulously maintain office calendar
- Take notes at meetings
- Manage office Google Drive
- Conduct background research for producers and hosts
- Draft social media and newsletter content
- Edit ad and promotional copy
- Pull archival tape
- Deliver assets to publicity team
- A bachelor's or master's in a social science preferred
- Should have some journalism experience
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong journalistic instincts and an affinity for empiricism
- Solid research skills, with an ability to work independently
- Attention to detail - factual, grammatical, syntactical
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong narrative sense
- Ability to embrace and learn internal project management tools and systems.
- Thorough knowledge of document creation/management system like MS-Office or Google Suite.
- Audio-production experience preferred but not required