Core Solution Engineer - Higher EducationRegular price
Job Category Sales Job Details
Everyone who wants to change the world should have the tools and technology to do so. Technology is the most powerful equalizer of our time, providing access to data, knowledge, and above all – connections. Salesforce.org gets our technology in the hands of educators and supporting staff so they can connect with learners, constituents, and fellow staff to do more good. As a social enterprise, the more of our customers’ missions that our technology supports, the more we invest back into technology and communities, creating an endless circle of good. We’re here to help; visit us at Salesforce.org.
We're looking for exceptional candidates to join the Education Solution Engineering team at Salesforce.org. If you possess intellectual curiosity, great problem-solving skills, and an unwavering belief that the right technology can solve any problem, then you are the ideal candidate for the job. Prior experience with Salesforce technology and enterprise sales in the higher education industry are highly desirable. Excellent communication and presentation skills are also a must. If you believe that you have these skills and experiences, then we want to talk with you!
Typical day in the life of a Salesforce.org SE looks like:
- Discover and analyze individual customer goals and challenges and map those back into the Salesforce solution portfolio
- By teaming with specialist teammates, design innovative solutions to address the varied challenges faced by higher ed institutions and build those solutions on the Salesforce platform. Present customized story-driven demonstrations aligned with key business value and solution differentiation
- Proactively research and develop technical points of view in alignment with industry knowledge and understanding of the customer’s enterprise vision/mission
- In pre-sales contexts, present Salesforce platform advantages, including security and cloud infrastructure, to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Respond effectively to RFIs and RFPs
- Participate in training and certifications to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in role
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives that you will define collaboratively with your manager
- Travel within North America
- Function effectively in a fast-paced high-energy market segment and successfully balance multiple projects (Sales opportunities, enterprise RFPs, SME programs, internal enablement, etc.).
Necessary Skills/Your Responsibilities
- Salesforce platform experience relating to any of the following: non-profit higher education, for-profit higher education, CRM, enterprise data systems, analytics, service/call/contact centers, prospect management, and/or customer/learner/student retention
- Knowledge, interest, and/or background in the higher education market
- The capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, team selling technology sales environment
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve business and technical problems at all levels of higher education institutions
- Solid verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills – in both remote and onsite settings.
- Proven time management & prioritization skills in a dynamic sales environment
- Coordinate and lead the entire solution cycle through close collaboration with other high performing teams
Desired Skills/Personality Attributes/Experience
- Salesforce administrator or technical experience, beyond end-user experiences
- Any or all of the following Salesforce product suites: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Education Cloud, and/or Experience Cloud
- Salesforce certifications - such as Administrator, Advanced Administrator, Education Cloud Consultant Certification, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, etc.
- Previous experience in pre-sales consulting as a Solution Engineer, Sales Engineer, Solutions Architect, Solutions Consultant, or other related role
- Consulting or professional services experience implementing or at least configuring Salesforce
- Salesforce Trailhead Ranger status
- Likes to be the first to know something and to understand why and how things happen.
- Practiced at asking questions and searching out answers. You love solving riddles and challenging puzzles
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $131,800 You may also be offered a bonus and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/ Accommodations
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.