Data Engineer - Data Intelligence Gateway (DIG) - Alvarez & MarsalRegular price
New York, NY
A&M Data Intelligence Gateway (A&M DIG) has an exciting opportunity to join a growing team. A&M DIG is a proprietary technology that utilizes the active collection of unstructured data through open-source intelligence and leverages machine learning to create private company insights. A&M DIG works in conjunction with Alvarez & Marsal, an established leader in providing global leadership and advisory services to a variety of diverse industries.
A&M DIG is seeking a data engineer to bring their energy, passion and expertise to help our clients get the insights needed to discover and explore private company data. You will help our M&A clients validate investment theses, find companies in fragmented industries and explore potential market opportunities.
What will you be doing?
As a Data Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with the A&M DIG leadership team on a variety of interesting projects across industries. You will be interacting with senior level M&A professionals and internal stakeholders to build a truly unique offering to the private equity market.
- Design, build and maintain data pipelines, including data ingestion and in-warehouse transformations considering business usage of data
- Continuously improve upon our Data Platform's architecture via improvements of the Data Warehouse datamodel, schema, entity relationships, and integrations with ancillary tooling
- Maintain data integrity and freshness in accordance with business needs, testing pipelines, transformations, and models continuously for quality
- Monitor, manage and maintain infrastructural assets leveraging aws and other vendors
- Communicate work to and receive feedback by technical and non-technical audiences
Who will you be working with?
Our diverse team hosts a variety of technical skills, analytical minds, and entrepreneurial spirits. We partner with our clients in an unprecedented way, and so far we have just scratched the surface. We are looking for people with passion to learn, innovate, create and build. We do our best work together – and we hope that you’ll join us.
You will be working with senior internal stakeholders, M&A professionals at mid and large cap private equity funds and will report directly to A&M DIG leadership.
How will you grow and be supported:
As a demonstration of A&M’s strong commitment to its people, we offer benefits to support your career, personal and professional developments. A&M recognizes that our people fuel our growth, and you will be provided with the best available training and development resources, as well as networking opportunities. Click here to learn more about why A&M is a great place to work.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field (computer science, engineering, etc)
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Solid experience with at least one modern programming language (Python, Scala, Java, Go, R)
- Good relational database design and interaction experience (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience with distributed orchestration systems (Apache Airflow)
- Some experience using cloud computing platforms to build processes (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure)
- Test driven development, test automation, CI / CD experience
- Knowledge of DevOps principles
- Exceptional project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to work as both a team member in a collaborative setting and as an individual contributor
- Ability to thrive and be effective in fast-paced settings
- Authorization to work full time in the USA