Engineer I, SoftwareRegular price
About the jobAbout Team:
Digital Engineering is Thermo Fisher’s “Software Engineering” centre of excellence in Bengaluru. This centre of excellence provides world-class software and cloud computing service that helps scientists do their work more efficiently and with precision, enabling them to make our world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Our world-class software products and solutions accelerate scientific discovery and lab productivity. These solutions,
- Provide rich content, selection tools, collaboration tools and scientific apps that allow our customers to focus on innovation and the complexities of their science.
- Create a connected world for our customers where discoveries happen the smart way, where every device/product is connected, self-aware, and self-healing—thereby enabling efficient workflows and collaborative science.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The role is of a hands-on developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming thereby actively contributing to the development of new features. This person will be a member of a cross-functional scrum team delivering Connect Platform & Ecosystem, Customer tenancy, Authorization, and Digital product subscriptions and entitlements. The role is expected to make a difference to the product in terms of the design and contribute towards identifying technical risks and alternate solutions to various problems. In addition to that, the role also demands leading, motivating, mentoring and providing ample guidance to the other team members with respect to technical challenges.
- Active participation in various scrum ceremonies such as Story grooming, sprint planning sessions etc., and contribute towards identifying technical risks, alternate solutions to various problems etc.
- Responsible for ownership of multiple significant software modules
- Responsible for leading the integrity of technical work on significant concurrent projects.
- Plans to participate and perform the technical work of an assignment.
- Provides guidance regarding design activity to other programmers on technical aspects relating to the project.
- Leads the implementation, automated unit and integration testing, debugging and integration of code of extreme complexity across multiple concurrent projects.
- Establishes and maintains thorough and accurate documentation of all work.
- Proactively looks for ways and patterns to continuously automate feature testing with measurable and tangible goals
Education: Bachelors in Engineering or Masters in Computer Science with 2+ years of relevant experience
Mandatory Skills, Knowledge and Experience :
- Hands-on experience designing web-based applications based on the micro-services architecture in Java technologies
- Hands-on experience in Java application development frameworks and technologies: java spring and hibernate
- Experience with databases, persistence frameworks and SQL
- Solid design and programming experience and very strong in programming fields like object-oriented principles, design patterns, data structures and unit testing.
- Exposure to working with GitHub, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD frameworks (Jenkins)
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively document artefacts and processes
- Having a wide range of experience and understanding of trends and technologies uses technical knowledge to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Experience in designing and architecting large-scale and highly available distributed software
- Experience with development on one or more mobile platforms is a plus.
- Experience with the quality, code analysis and Configuration tools like SonarQube, Semmle, Veracode, NetSparker, Ansible etc.,