Engineer II - SoftwareRegular price
About the job
At Microchip, we work every day to innovate and develop products that solve our customers’ technology challenges. Our team of more than 20,000 people worldwide is dedicated to delivering on the promise of working together to improve lives.
Learn about our guiding values that are the building blocks and foundation of our culture and discover how we make a positive impact in the communities in which we operate. We believe our culture fosters trust, collaboration and belonging.
Our people serve the industrial, computing, automotive, communications, aerospace and defense, and consumer market segments. As part of our global team, you can build technology solutions in our six growth areas – 5G, data centers, autonomous driving, the Internet of Things, electric vehicles, and artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Around the world, we are committed every day to recruiting, retaining and promoting people in our diverse workforce. Your perspective, passion and ingenuity will contribute to achieving more as we fulfill our mission as a leading provider of smart, connected and secure embedded control solutions.
Join our community of exceptional people doing incredible things.
Seeking Software engineers with 3-6 years of experience in developing automated test frameworks, Software and Hardware tools validation and test automation. Successful candidate will contribute to the Microchip development tools test team.
This job involves Developing automated test framework for validating the MPLAB X IDE, MPLAB Cloud Tools Ecosystem, Plug ins and other
debugging tools such as MPLAB X Simulator MPLAB ICD4, and Pickit4
The job role requires design of automated test framework, implementation, test plan creation and execution according to the specification.
The candidate is expected to work in the role of an individual contributor & should also be capable of leading the project
- Candidate must have 3 to 6 years of work experience
- The candidate must be very knowledgeable in Java, C, scripting languages, and embedded environment
- Candidates must have-2-5 years of experience in developing plug ins or test automation frameworks for GUI testing
- Must have good understanding of embedded software testing process, test plan creation, and test automation
- Knowledge of MPLAB X IDE, ,DevOps, CI tool(Jenkins/Bamboo), Docker, bug tracking tools are good to have
- Working experience with different 8-bit/16/32-bit micro controllers is required.
- Understanding of Embedded C, and scripting languages Python/Perl is required
- The candidate must be self-motivated, team player, willing/capable of multitasking.
- Should able to communicate well in both written and verbal forms
- Minimum B.E in Electronics and communication/Computer Science from reputed institutes is must