Fraud Intelligence Operations Summer InternshipRegular price
For people drawn to serving others through their work, PSCU is a place to thrive, as we serve our credit union members best by taking care of each other first.
- If you want to help shape an industry, challenge yourself, and invest in your own future, this is the place for you. PSCU is a highly accessible environment where you’re empowered to think on your feet, work from your heart, and discover the very best version of your professional and personal self. “Our Momentum. Your Moment.”
- This application is the first step in seizing your moment.
Fraud Intelligence Operations Summer Internship
Duration: June 6 - August 19, 2022
Due to the complexity of the COVID-19 pandemic, this internship will likely be entirely remote, depending on PSCU's onsite business practices by Summer 2022, there is a chance that we may host onsite meetings or events in St. Petersburg, FL
Applications will be reviewed in the order received and for those selected to move forward, interviewing starts January 3, 2021
Fraud Intelligence Operations Team
The Fraud Intelligence Operations team guides the enterprise actions of Fraud Intelligence capabilities, fraud saves, as well as fraud and disputes reporting that provide valuable services and offering to our owners and internal partners.
The team consists of several workgroups, each with a specific mission:
▪ Fraud Intelligence Operations – Access to insightful data is the key to effectively managing fraud losses and making better business decisions. Ongoing design, development, deployment, and adoption efforts for Linked Analysis, our industry leading elastic search platform, is our central focus. The team is also responsible for supporting partners with fraud and disputes reporting.
▪ Linked Analysis – Leverages cutting edge elastic search technology to determine anomalous member behavior and drives insight into potential fraud trends, as well as helps us strategize ways to proactively prevent fraud losses.
Fraud Intelligence Operations Internship Goals and Objectives
The purpose of this engagement is to assist in the expansion of the Fraud Intelligence Operations team by applying a variety of data streamline, automation practices and integrating those into our elastic search and reporting solutions. This enhancement will include the centralization of data sources, improvement in understanding of fraud trends, and assimilating these practices into our Fraud Intelligence Operations program. The intern will become a subject matter expert in each of these fields as they collaborate with other members of the Fraud Intelligence Operations team and develop real world business knowledge across our platforms and apply this knowledge to build valuable, functional reporting and improved fraud save strategies. The goal of this engagement is to develop and streamline our current reporting processes into automatable functions while also driving real time strategies in the elastic search space to save our member owners from experiencing fraud losses.
The main responsibility of the intern will be to assist in the automation of reporting, data centralization and improvement of fraud save strategies in SAS, Python, SQL and Lucene based languages. In addition to these, this opportunity will also provide exposure to the following areas:
▪ Fraud and Dispute Reporting
▪ Elastic Search/Linked Analysis
▪ Report Automation
▪ Data Centralization
When selecting a company for your career are you someone that values bettering communities and the people that live in those communities? Are you looking for an organization that is leading in its industry and continues to grow and innovate based on client needs and industry trends? Does the idea of outstanding team culture and a career that fits your life and goals exciting?
The PSCU’s Summer Internship Program provides you – a junior or senior undergraduate student - with the chance to develop and hone your skills in business. We offer the opportunity to build for your future by learning firsthand the Financial and more specifically Credit Union industry through professional inter-organizational experience, coupled with focused learning opportunities in your chosen career path or developmental interest. You’ll also gain insight into our rich history, our unique culture, and our committed social conscience.
Over the course of this 10-week program, it is PSCU's goal to provide our interns not only with a real job experience that better prepares future graduates for their chosen profession, but to provide them the knowledge and experience vital to navigate a business environment.
In our program, interns will engage with a group of their peers in acquiring a knowledge foundation in Credit Unions, the financial industry, Six Sigma, preparing for a job search, presentation skills, and more. You will also be given opportunities to network directly with industry leaders at PSCU.
PSCU Intern Program Entry Qualifications
- Completion of sophomore or junior year in an accredited undergraduate degree program with a 3.0/4.0 GPA at time of application.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to coordinate thoughts, communicate, completely, and concisely.
- Strong, organizational, and detail skills, with the ability to consistently perform as business requests.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Ability to adjust easily when directions and priorities change on short notice.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite® with a heavy emphasis on Excel.
- Proficiency in software that applies to your major and function-specific internship.
- Passion for learning the Credit Union Industry.
- Believe in PSCU's culture and values. Ideal candidates passion for their community as well as a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Fraud Intelligence Operations Internship Requirements
- Familiarity with some or all of the following languages and skills are highly desirable: Python, SQL, Elastic Search, SAS, Report Development, Risk and Fraud concepts.
- An understanding or desire to learn Report Automation as well as Machine Learning queries.
- A desire to deep dive, investigate root cause of concerns, develop, formulate solutions and implement.
- Ability to present facts and understanding of trends/challenges and pathways to solve/remediate.
- Excel expertise.
We are an Inclusive Atmosphere Where Possibilities are Delivered
“Our Momentum. Your Moment.” At PSCU, the nation’s premier payments credit union service organization (CUSO), you’ll find it’s your time to join our exceptional culture and shine.
If you want to help shape an industry, challenge yourself, and invest in your own future, you’ve come to the right place. PSCU is a highly accessible environment where you’re empowered to think on your feet, work from your heart, and discover the very best version of your professional and personal self.
Powered by supportive leadership and innovative technology, we have exceptional learning, training, and leadership development programs, as well as online courses to help you claim the brighter, more meaningful future you’ve always imagined.
At PSCU, we believe that Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) engages the workforce to achieve superior results. Our mission is to cultivate a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community where differences are embraced and treasured. We want you to bring your differences to the table, act as a community, and celebrate individuality. DEI sub-committees assist with the program’s mission and vision by providing guidance, education, communication, and celebration of the driving concepts.
Additional PSCU Internship Opportunities Here
This is your moment.
PSCU is more than just a place to work. We’re a team that values excellence, innovative thinking, and drive. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside and learn from highly intelligent, skilled people passionate about Credit Unions they serve. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At PSCU, everything we do recognizes the fact that our employees are our most important asset. That’s why we are committed to a work/life integration that goes above and beyond to ensure that you have quality time at home with your family and/or to pursue outside interests and aspirations. We back this up with generous PTO, the opportunity to work remotely, flexible scheduling, and a management team that understands how to adjust when the unexpected curveballs of life happen.
Check out the comprehensive benefits PSCU has to offer that further solidifies our reputation as a company that just “gets it” when it comes to balancing life’s planned and unplanned events while equipping you with all the tools for growth.
Beautiful, state-of-the-art campuses
Endless opportunities for advancement
Generous paid time off and paid holidays
Our benefits package includes:
Dental and Vision
Basic and Optional Life Insurance
Company Paid Disability Insurance
401k (with employer match)
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Adoption Assistance Plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Benefits are subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
As a matter of operational management limitations and business administrative process parameters, remote position assignments at PSCU are geographically restricted to where PSCU currently operates. At this time, remote position assignments are not available in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Vermont, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, North Dakota, Maine, and West Virginia. As a result, we are unable to proceed with your application. Applicants are encouraged to apply for other available opportunities for which they qualify.
PSCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.