Internship: Engineering TeamRegular price
Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning .
We are looking for multiple interns for a fixed-term to join our Front-End Dev squads!
Posting will be closing April 8 6pm EST - Apply now!
Are you looking for an exciting Internship opportunity full of meaningful, diverse, and challenging assignments working alongside industry-leading professionals?
As an Engineering Intern, you’ll be part of a driven and collaborative team completing important projects while receiving the mentorship, knowledge, and experience to develop the skills you need to build an exciting career.
If you are looking for a new challenge, and have a great interest in technology, we want to hear from you!
This position can be located in any geography in the US or Canada.
- Develop a solution that will improve one of our core features.
- Build reusable and modular components following development best practices and Vue.js guidelines.
- Ensure interactions with a back-end JSON API along with its errors are handled properly and gracefully.
- Write tests and use automated testing tools to build quality control into the product.
- Refactor code to improve readability and maintainability.
- Participate in team-wide code reviews and provide feedback.
- Uphold and embody Paper’s mission, vision, and values.
- 1 year of coding experience, whether professional, academic or volunteer.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university/college (eg Bachelor of Computer Science, Information technology and or Information Systems).
- Understanding of software fundamentals such as API requests, data structure and OOP.
- Good understanding of application design best practices.
- Ability to analyze and triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution.
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Work with a dynamic team of experienced engineers - learn from the best!
- 100% remote work.
- Opportunity for career development with a fast-growing company.
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable.
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity , achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board - our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.