Intro To Python SeriesRegular price
Price: $57.00, or $0.00 with free trial.
There are four ways to take this course:
- New user? Take this whole series for free after registering for our free trial.
- If you are accepted to any of Byte Academy's bootcamps, the cost of this course is credited to your tuition.
- Register for any session individually for $19.00
- Register for the series for $57.00
This Intro to Python Course presented by Byte Academy provides an introduction to software engineering in the Python programming language. Students with no experience will go from zero to understanding the core concepts of coding.
This series consists of the following 3 classes:
- Intro to Python Session 1: Data Types & Operators
- Intro to Python Session 2: Lists, Iteration, & Control Flow
- Intro to Python Session 3: Dictionaries & Functions
*Purchase this entire series for $57 on this page or purchase the classes separately by clicking on them above.
What You'll Learn
You will learn the fundamental concepts of programming in Python, concepts that are shared by almost all programming languages. The course is a great way to find out if coding is right for you. Even if you have no intention of becoming a software engineer, your new expertise will help you perform faster data analysis, communicate more effectively with technology teams and provide a foundation for further study.
By the end of this course, you will be comfortable with:
- Python Data Types
- Control Flows and Loops
- Functions and Exception Handling
Intro to Python is held over 2 weeks- on Tuesdays and Thursdays evenings, 6pm, ET. Lectures are 1 - 2 hours long per session. After lectures, work on the exercises at your own pace. An assessment may be taken on the last day to qualify for the bootcamp.
If you missed the start date, don't worry! We repeat this again in 5 weeks.
- Sept. 29th, Wednesday: lecture at 6 pm ET
- Sept. 30th, Thursday: lecture at 6 pm ET
- Oct. 1st, Friday: lecture at 6 pm ET
- Anytime after Oct. 1st: Assessment (6 pm - 8 pm ET) (optional and free)
Meet Your Instructor
Lead Instructor, Byte Academy
Greg originally learned Python as a scripting language for environmental mapping software and statistical analysis. He graduated with a BS in Environmental Science (environmental toxicology specifically) and minors in Economics and Biology. He then turned to web development which he found more fulfilling than statistics, though he has also dabbled in iOS development.