IT InternRegular price
You will get to work in directly on our production projects, allowing you to work complete work independently and collaborate directly with our team and other cross functional teams. The role will include responsibility for producing code, understanding use cases, testing your software, and doing code review. You may also get to work on proof of concepts or research projects and contribute to technical design. Engineer will have a variety of opportunities for work developing responsive web applications, developing microservices, data modeling, or designing mobile apps. Application work will impact company goals, foster innovation and improve customer experience. Experience with one of Python, C#, Java and one of ViewJS, AngularJS, or TypeScript required.
Business Enablement Team Summary
Our team works with multiple internally produced applications that support our sales, care, repair, and field installation teams. From taking an order, resolving a customer issue, answering billing questions, reviewing and managing the current state of the customers network, sending and receiving texts, we give the company employees a complete view of the customer in order to service the customer’s needs when they contact us. We work with a large and diverse group of internal software engineering teams to integrate with and produce these capabilities. Recent projects include a new sales and order management system and a new implementation of repair and care case management.
Ideal technical skills or experience
To perform the job successfully, the individual must accomplish the following:
- Learn new technologies
- Understand complex problems, solutions, and system integrations.
- Develop responsive web applications to integrate with multiple back end systems
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and verbal/written communication
- Highly motivated and self-directed individual, bringing a strong sense of focus and energy to work.
- Maintain code integrity, adhere to design principles, and participate in code reviews.
- Regularly communicate with and present deliverables to project team
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or other related discipline required.
- At least two semesters of experience in coding courses.
- Experience in at least one server-side programming language such as: Python, C#, Java.
- Any Salesforce experience is a plus
- Strong collaborative skills are required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while also accepting coaching and training from seasoned engineers
Rochester NY 20 South Clinton
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.