IT InternRegular price
About the job
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c. is a full-service business-oriented law firm headquartered in Milwaukee, WI with offices in Chicago, Rockford, Denver, Phoenix, Milwaukee, Madison and Waukesha with a national and international client base.
We are currently seeking a paid IT Intern who will service all of our locations from the Milwaukee or Waukesha location.
This opportunity is for the spring semester and may include additional weeks into the summer. Applicants must be actively enrolled in qualified IT program.
The Information Technology Intern will provide direct technical assistance and support to Reinhart staff for network, hardware, and software issues with minimal supervision. Duties include installing and maintaining computer systems including software and hardware on desktops and laptops, resolving internet and network access issues (both wired and wireless), providing network printer support, meeting with staff to provide one-on-one technical assistance as needed/requested, providing training to staff on software and hardware use, determining causes of computer/software/network malfunctions through evaluation and testing and resolution via modifications, repair, or external support assistance.
Responsibilities Vary But Include
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions.
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Identify and report system issues to vendors. Monitor and test resolution of those issues sent to vendors.
- Monitor antivirus software and updates and monitor for malware or infections.
- Monitor laptop backup software and procedures to ensure data is safely backed up.
- Record activities, solutions and other responses to request for service in the ticketing system.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Develop and provide user training for basic hardware and software use.
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
Reinhart is looking for a student intern with exceptional customer service skills, solid troubleshooting skills, ability to work well in a team environment, professional oral and written communications skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision. Applicants must have experience with Windows 10 in a technical support environment. Applicants must also have experience supporting recent versions of Microsoft Office Applications. Experience with networking technologies and printer support is preferred. Applicants must have awareness of the PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate level degree in business, communications or computer related field that requires an internship.
- Minimum of six months paid or volunteer work experience with computer desktop support in a networked environment for a small to mid-sized organization.
- Applicants must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Applicants must be available to work on-site.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and promote strong internal and external relationships.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to maintain professional (business casual) dress and grooming.
We measure our success by the contributions we make to each client's success. If you can demonstrate the skills and commitment required for this position, we invite you to discover the Reinhart Advantage.
Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any characteristic protected by law.