Junior Full-Stack Engineer (Intern/Co-Op)Regular price
About the job
Junior Full-Stack Engineer (Internship/Co-Op)
at BuildOps (View all jobs)
Los Angeles, California.
About The Job
In order to obtain a Co-Op position with BuildOps engineering team, you must be enrolled in a computer science undergraduate program. Local candidates to Los Angeles, are preferred. Occasional meetings in office may be required.
As a Junior Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will:
- Write quality code with 80%+ code coverage, and thoroughly documented.
- Develop, support, and improve our GraphQL API.
- Build and maintain real-time, event-driven systems, services, and features.
- Create new components and improve existing components in our React component library.
- Propose recommendations, build prototypes, and provide feedback.
- Work with the QA engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with engineers, product managers, customers, partners, and other leaders.
Requirements to be successful in this role:
- Equivalent of 2+ years of software development experience achieved through internships or undergraduate programs.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
- Professional or educational experience working with React.JS.
- Professional or educational experience working with Node.JS.
Additional Skills, Bonus Points:
- Prior knowledge of Material-UI component library preferred.
- Professional or educational knowledge of CI/CD pipelines preferred.
- Familiarity with Jest, unit testing, debugging, profiling, performance monitoring.
- S., M.S. or PhD from top university in computer science, engineering or related fields.
About BuildOps, Inc.
BuildOps is a well-funded technology startup that is developing an innovative SaaS platform designed to dramatically improve the lives of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) service contractors. We will be leveraging the latest technology, along with data analytics, to completely transform a $30 billion industry that is still mostly stuck using pen and paper. Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both CRE and SaaS technology as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits including a $1.2 billion acquisition. BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.