Junior Java DeveloperRegular price
About the job
Are you a technical person struggling to find a job that is the right fit for you? Are you tired of roles that just sound like they’ll have you writing boring legacy code all day? In a world of rapid technological change, there is of course another way.
About Aureus Tech Systems
Aureus Tech Systems is on a mission to help the world prepare for the next big wave of technical innovation. We help companies from all around the world technologically evolve by building cloud-driven and artificial intelligence solutions. We take a closely partnered approach to building tailored yet cost-effective solutions at an accelerated rate, without compromising on craftsmanship. With the goal of implementing services and products for agility and innovation, we want to empower employees and customers to grow at a pace unimaginable in earlier generations.
About The Role
We are looking for a sharp and energetic entry-level Java Developer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. An ideal candidate should have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and demonstratable experience with full stack development in Java. You’ll need to be able to show that you can work with key parts of the stack like Angular 2.0, Spring Boot and Hibernate. You’ll also need a good understanding of foundational concepts like JPA, microservices and RESTful Web Services.
Whilst you don’t need prior experience as a developer, we are looking for somebody with the technical exposure, energy and drive to succeed. Bonus points if you are someone who would like to build intelligent, AI-driven solutions whilst getting started in your career.
Why is this role great for you?
- Join us on our mission to help people and businesses unlock their true market potential and build better products, by building unique yet robust solutions that you feel great about!
- Work with a highly skilled and agile team that are constantly evolving in terms capability, including expert data veterans who are always ready to guide you and nurture your skills.
- Abundant opportunities to learn, apply and upskill yourself in a fast-paced, client-focused environment where your opinion will be heard, and hard work is rewarded.
What will you be doing?
- Deploy and maintain key applications and systems as you collaborate and work with other software engineers on one or more agile SCRUM teams per project
- Contribute towards discussions on application architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software while clearly articulating the implications of key decisions
- Design, code, test, debug, and document software, and enhance existing components to ensure that software meets business needs, developing reusable patterns and encouraging innovation
- Collaborate on the overall application design with other team members and product owners, both inside and outside the SCRUM team, ensuring that we are quality-first as a team
- Help conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability & maintainability guidelines
Are you the right fit for this role?
- You are a software developer with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- You have hands-on experience with full-stack Java, including Angular 2.0
- You are fluent with technologies like Angular, Spring Boot, and Hibernate with a deep understanding of concepts like microservices, JPA, and RESTful Web Services
- Bonus points if you know about cloud-based solutions from AWS, Azure or GCP. If you have experience with areas of expertise like XML, JBoss, HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, even better.
- You have experience or familiarity with Oracle DBA, SQL and the latest version of Spring Boot.
- You have a solid understanding of Java 8 features and are comfortable with the language.
- You have a learning-focused mindset and are ready to provide engineering support and maintenance for simple to complex software applications.
- You are a good communicator and a team player who can motivate and take on new initiatives to ensure a truly collaborative team environment.