Junior Software DeveloperRegular price
About the jobARA is offering entry-level software developers full-time employment opportunities in Champaign, IL to advance critical software technologies that will help transportation infrastructure perform better and last longer.
Work Is Varied And May Include
Our developers maintain existing enterprise applications and develop new systems to solve problems and improve the operations of transportation systems (road, rail, and air) throughout North America.
- Development of new applications using desktop, mobile, and/or web-based approaches
- Support of existing applications
- Expansion and redesign of systems
As part of these efforts, you will work directly with subject matter experts such as civil engineers, transportation planners, equipment manufacturers, and clients at public transportation agencies to design applications that address the critical needs of these transportation systems.
- .NET Entity Framework
- Full stack application development
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, and code reviews
- Object-oriented design and analysis
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality
- Software support/bug fixes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of OOD using C#
- Must be able to perform tasks independently and participate in the design of new features, systems, and software packages
- Experience with web development preferred
ARA is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs about 1,600 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in civil technologies, computer software and simulation, defense technologies, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for pavement analysis, environmental site characterization, and robotics. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership fosters greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience.Sign In For Details