Lead Software EngineerRegular price
As a RAD Engineer at JPMorgan Rates, you will work for the largest and best interest rate derivatives franchise in the world.
The Linear Rates RAD team are responsible for the design, build, and management of the Front Office pricing, curve marking, and risk management tools used by the Linear interest rates securities and swaps trading businesses.
The team not only sit with the traders but also with Quantitative Research, in close partnership with both groups, and work with other development teams to build and maintain the desk tools which build and manage the interest rate curves underpinning the entire business.
The team own applications that calculate trading risk and predict P&L; calculate the prices which FO quote; publish prices out to electronic trading platforms - and much more.
The successful RAD Engineer will work in a dynamic environment where a thorough understanding of interest rates trading and a responsible, analytical approach to programming deliver the constant change which keeps JPMorgan's traders at the top of the market.
Your Main responsibilities will be -
- Working in the full development life cycle, i.e. requirements gathering, analysis, design, implementation, support of RAD application portfolio
- Building relationships with Front Office users, Quant Researchers, and other teams across Rates Technology
- Maintaining and enhancing RAD toolset
The role involves sitting with and facing off to numerous, often senior, traders in the world's largest interest rate house, covering the currencies of all developed economies.
Duties include -
- Business analysis of challenges facing this business, both technical and financial in scope, and requiring a thorough understanding of both aspects in order to propose most appropriate solutions
- Architect, engineer/develop, and maintain complex financial calculations and technical solutions for the business, and for partners in technology and quantitative research, for the toolkit which
- generates real-time prices, on which billions of notional interest rates will be traded daily, and
- is used to risk manage and understand and predict P&L on this complex interest rate risk
- As part of the support rota, support and debug time-critical issues reported by the business and partners in technology, on multiple occasions per day
- Work effectively as representative of immediate team, as part of ad hoc teams working on larger projects, covering changes to such things as regulatory requirements, electronic trading, pricing methodology, risk management, technical systems, to ensure the toolkit meets requirements.
Technically, our tools are largely implemented in Excel with Quant library, real-time Market data, and Athena add-ins. Increasingly our logic is in Athena and therefore scripted in Python.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Full vaccination is a requirement for this role for new hires joining JPMorgan Chase. Additional requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool and may include mask wearing and social distancing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Note: The requirement to be fully vaccinated to be hired for this role does not apply to roles with a work location in Arkansas, Florida, Iowa, Montana, and Tennessee. For applicants to these roles, JPMorgan Chase will consider all qualified applicants regardless of vaccination status, due to state and local laws.