Lead Software EngineerRegular price
About the job
Note: U.S. citizenship is required for this position. This is a requirement due to the nature of Integer's government contracts.
About the Role
The Lead Software Engineer role is responsible for the planning and successful delivery of multiple software products at the company, and for supervising and mentoring other developers / programmers. The ideal candidate will be able to move seamlessly between planning and management responsibilities and hands-on development. The Lead Software Engineer is expected to take ownership of all software design and development activities. This role must collaborate closely with other scientists and engineers on multi-disciplinary teams to prototype and test new technologies. The Lead Software Engineer must be able to balance the needs of multiple programs simultaneously and must quickly pick up new concepts from other engineering disciplines and architect software solutions to achieve project goals. Many of our projects and products involve software deployed on physical systems and vehicles that must operate in harsh environments which interface to unmanned system autonomy data distribution systems (DDS) and, web application user interfaces. Therefore, we are particularly interested in candidates with a multi-faceted level of experience in the development of ground-up software systems for robotics, automotive, manufacturing, oil & gas, industrial internet of things, defense, and aerospace applications.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, document, develop, and integrate software developed in a wide range of languages.
- Lead peer reviews of developed software
- Lead software requirements development efforts
- Lead software system architecture development
- Lead program software task estimation, to include resources, schedule, and required sub-tasking.
- Provide technical supervision and mentoring of developers
- Research and review white papers, with the ability to technically discuss the pros and cons of said approach.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a US DoD Secret clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
- Expert level experience one or more of the following facets (2 or more is highly desirable):
— Computer science theory and Software engineering using C++ and Python.
— Neural networks and deep learning techniques.
- Excellent working knowledge using Git for version control.
- Excellent participating in collaborative software development efforts in a Linux environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of linear algebra.
- Excellent working knowledge of Bayesian statistics.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time.
- Ability to break down larger product development goals into smaller software development tasks and manage their completion with a small team.
Additionally Desired Skills
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System).
- Experience using SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition).
- Experience in the development of API/APKs & custom user interfaces.
- Experience using Angular.
- Experience with network configurations, protocols, certificates, and firewalls.
- Experience with Data Distribution Service (DDS) messaging.
- Experience using CUDA.
- Experience using OpenCV.
- Familiarity with marine sensing equipment behavior (cameras, radars, IMU, GPS, LiDAR, sonar).
• Startup culture with stability and established growth trajectory: direct access to company leadership, prioritization of people over process, and a stellar team with a shared desire to grow. Backlog of multiple years of contracts.
• Base salary that exceeds industry averages.
• Performance-based bonuses on top of base salary.
• Full medical, prescription, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employee and dependents. Integer pays 100% of health insurance premiums for your entire family for our standard plan from a national insurer.
• 401(k) with company matching that vests immediately; no funny business.
• Paid Vacation.
• Paid Holidays.
• Paid Sick Leave.
• Bottomless Coffee.