Manager of Development InformationRegular price
About the job
Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) values staff diversity and actively encourages people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, perspectives, skills, and stories to advance our nonprofit mission and enrich our organizational culture.
Job Title: Manager of Development Information
Reports to: Senior Manager of Development Operations
Job Type: EXEMPT
TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections for the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists. Guided by our mission we are seeking individuals who value collaboration, innovation and respect. A team player who knows that we are most successful when everyone feels empowered to bring their best and contributes to an environment that values every individual.
The Manager of Development Information supports the day-to-day operations of TPAC’s development team. This position works closely with the Sr. Manager of Development Operations to maintain prospect research, gift entry, and donor stewardship protocols. Ensuring the gift officers are supported and able to help TPAC reach its full potential.
- Responsible for daily gift entry, including online donations, checks, deposits, and monthly pledge payments.
- Management of stewardship procedures including but not limited to timely delivery of acknowledgement letters, donor benefits, donor listings such as playbills and other printed and digital materials and working with other members of the Development team on special stewardship projects. In addition, it is expected that as part of the development team this position will take an active role in stewarding donors are the PNC Bank Donor Lounge at TPAC by regularly signing up to work shifts during the Broadway at TPAC series or whenever else the lounge is open.
- Completing regular wealth screenings as directed by the Sr. Manager of Development Operations, as well as further research and analysis on screening results in order to keep fresh prospects in the pipeline for gift officers.
- Acts as the first point of contact for donors by maintaining the general department email and voicemail. Responding in a timely and courteous manner to donors or ensuring that they are directed to the appropriate department staff member.
- Assists with department projects as directed by the Sr. Manager of Development Operations, such as data cleansing projects within Tessitura, detailed list pulling, and appeal mailing creation and distribution.
- Assist the Sr. Manager of Development Operations in managing the department invoicing and payments, creating receipts as needed and making sure that all expenses and credits are accurately coded within Concur.
- Maintain certain department operations such as monthly renewal letters, TPAC’s charity ticket program, and the development pages on the TPAC website.
- Additional support for special events including the TPAC Gala and TPAC Family Day. Support includes tasks such as creation and distribution of guest lists, stuffing and mailing invites and other event materials, managing gift entry and/or ticket purchases for fundraising events, day of event prep and various tasks during events. It is expected that this position will occasionally work nights and weekends for Development events.
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Relentless attention to detail
- Exemplary project management skills, including the ability to organize and manage multiple projects and meet required deadlines
- Positive attitude with an ability to build rapport with colleagues
Highly Desired –
- Working knowledge of tessitura
- Knowledge of moves management or fundraising experience
- Focus on organization with an interest in maintaining order and data cleanliness
- Technical efficiency with word processing and spreadsheets
Software & Services Used
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Sitting/Standing/Being Stationary for long periods of time
- Ability to understand and write complex written and verbal communication
- Data Analysis and problem solving
- Often works with others
- Lifting and/or transporting supplies up to 50lbs
- Occasionally works outside, for donor events
TPAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.