Manufacturing Engineering InternRegular price
The focus of this position is to assist the operations department to identify & implement shop floor process improvements that increase output and reduce overall costs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work with members of the Operations team to develop, maintain, or improve standardized processes within the manufacturing facility
- Identify automation opportunities and productivity improvement projects, write project charters, and work cross-functionally to plan and implement creative solutions to manufacturing problems
- Help create and maintain shop floor work instructions including specifications, engineering changes, /process control, and tooling definition/requirements
- Conduct time observation studies
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives that support continuous process improvement.
- Significant interaction with the hourly workforce, quality, safety, sourcing and other functions on projects.
- Scope, plan and execute manufacturing engineering requests issued internally including improving manufacturing efficiencies, implementation of engineering changes, improving product quality, and supporting production line with technical issues
- Provide analysis and documentation on various processes currently in place
- Other duties as designed
- Candidates must be a current student pursuing a bachelor's or master's in engineering. Manufacturing, mechanical, or industrial preferred.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- This position has no direct reports
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S., and not require sponsorship now or in the future
- Past hands-on experience with mechanical systems required
- Knowledgeable on Lean principles and understanding of different quality standards like six-sigma
- Ability to present complex data effectively through charts/tables/graphs/pivot tables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously with little instruction and supervision.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues throughout all departments and levels of the organization professionally and effectively
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in the office environment or Work in a manufacturing environment
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (A
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions, and/or third party service providers accessing and using the information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing your application.
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.