Mechanical Design EngineerRegular price
About the job
*This is not a remote position. The applicant must have a reasonable commute to our Navarre, Ohio facility and available to start within 3 weeks of applying*
Position : Mechanical Engineer Machine Design
Reports to: Zachary Ralston, Director of Engineering
Effective date: 8/1/2022
Our Engineers are self-motivated and are driven by their love for what they do. We research and develop machinery for the manufacturing industry, which means we get to design and build a wide range of interesting machines. Miller Weldmaster is s seeking Mechanical Design Engineers who can handle a variety of design projects. The responsibilities of these engineers will include all phases of machine design and development from concept to installation.
- Design and provide accurate detailed engineering models and drawings for mechanical projects
- Maintain current working knowledge of mechanical and electrical components used in standard and special project design
- Participate in research, development of layouts, and preparation of engineering drawings
- CAD knowledge/skills, proficiency with Autodesk Inventor is a plus.
- Creation of assembly/parts drawings, shipping layouts, floor layouts, and service drawings with instructions
- Creation of Bill of Materials integrated with ERP software system.
- Bill of Material updates/revisions while working closely with BOM specialists, purchasing, and inventory
- Investigate engineering change requests effect on current work orders and inventory levels
- Building prototypes, prototype new processes and/or new equipment for manufacturing of products.
- Recommend process and equipment improvements incorporating latest technologies.
- Collaborate with electrical engineer and manage specifications for automation of equipment.
- Design test equipment and/or develop procedures for testing products.
- Collaborate with purchasing to source components of design and fabrication, machining, and assembly of equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Knowledgeable with gear ratios, sprockets, linear motion systems, pneumatic, drive systems, etc.
- Knowledgeable with sheet metal forming, structural steel tubing fabrication and design, FEA analysis.
- Troubleshooting machines during testing, making design changes as necessary
- Installation and startup support as needed
- Train and mentor drafters
- Other duties as assigned
Required Background & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field or 5 years of experience in engineering design.
- Time management
- Must take initiative and ownership of projects.
- 5+ years Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of successful engineering experience in developing and carrying out engineering projects.
- Knowledge of industrial automation
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem solving/analysis
- Projects may require evening and weekend work attendance.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude.
- Available for overnight and international Travel required.
- Exposure/experience working with shop fabrication and machining.
- Exposure to and familiarity with mechanical design.
- Exposure to and familiarity with pneumatic design.
- Exposure to and familiarity with equipment automation.
- Design for manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills