Product DeveloperRegular price
Enza Zaden is looking for a highly motivated Product Developer to join our team in the US. (Remote position in Southern Texas)
What will you do as a Product Developer?
As Product Developer, you trial, evaluate and report on new experimental varieties in all stages before the commercial release in close cooperation with Breeding, Product management and as a member of the Sales team. You aim is to support the decision-making process and successful introduction of these varieties. The regions covered are Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. Crops include onion and watermelon primarily, some assorted cucurbit and leafy crops and limited work in solanum crops.
· Maximization of output of the product portfolio and contribution to the development of new lines of products within the crop and area of responsibility.
· Development of trial plans.
· Coordination, evaluation and reporting of results of research and commercial variety trials.
· Support the introduction of new Enza Zaden varieties with technical support and clear positioning towards the Enza Zaden Sales team and to customers and prospects.
· Identification of new promising experimental varieties from local screening and global Breeding and active contribution to the new variety decision process.
· Ensure an optimum trial material seed supply.
· Other duties as required.
As a Product Developer, you have a good understanding how the industry works and want to be part of a growing company. You are well spoken, driven and want to serve our customers efficiently. You remain up to date about the developments on market, product portfolio, pricing, sales, distribution, marketing, competition and observed trends in the market.
You are a dynamic person who takes initiative, recognizes opportunities, and has an organized method of working. You can work independently, but you are also able to work in a cross-functional teams and intercultural project teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience within the agricultural industry, vegetable seed industry preferred.
- Excellent sales skills (gains trust, establishes a business objective, identifies customer needs, explores solutions, develops action plans, and overcomes objections through negotiation).
- Professional, assertive, and clear communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong skills in planning and organization, influencing / persuading and you have strong management skills.
- Frequent travel in territory required (60-70% of the working time); occasional travel outside the region, including internationally.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Enza Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. We produce and sell the seeds of these varieties all over the world. Both for conventional and organic growers. In order to explain this properly (and as briefly as possible) we have made an animation. For more than 80 years we are working with the best that nature offers. We support this with state-of-the-art technologies to speed up our breeding process. That is necessary, because currently the development of a new vegetable variety takes up 6 to 10 years.
The results? Strong, healthy, tasty, and climate-proof vegetable varieties with higher yield per square meter and less need of crop protection products or fertilizer.
Our strength? More than 2000 passionate colleagues worldwide working together on the vegetables of tomorrow. Therefore, we continuously invest in knowledge and skills.