Product Manager - Technical, GSF Hardware & ServicesRegular price
Do you want a unique, exciting opportunity to help build something from the ground up? We are looking for builders who thrive in ambiguity to join the Product team of a new tech organization under Global Specialty Fulfillment.
As a Product Manager for GSF Fulfillment Technology, you will be helping to define the future at Amazon. You will craft business strategy, feature set, and roadmap that will drive your creative vision forward and enable some of Amazon’s biggest brands to delight millions of customers. Specifically, you will focus on delivering rapid prototypes which support Operations teams to hit ambitious goals and ultimately partner with tech teams across GSF and Amazon to align on long-term vision once the concept is proven. The problems to solve in this role range from scaling outbound flow and tech orchestration in new GSF businesses, to managing how our teams product mechanisms are designed to translate successful prototypes into long-term tools and services.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
Innovating on behalf of our customers
Managing the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution across multiple lines of businesses
Ownership of the product suite and its business expansion, measures of success, and roadmap for your products
Prioritizing engineering work while balancing the requirements of customers and stakeholders
Evangelizing the product both internally and externally
Working with key stakeholders in the company to identify and drive product solutions to support business expansion, associate experience, and internal business and tech customers
Defining product strategy and requirements based on an intimate knowledge of the customer and technology
Establishing product goals and reviewing success metrics to achieve commercial success
Here Are Some Qualities We Are Looking For
Be great fun to work with. At Amazon, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Be data-driven, with high judgment. GSF is building out a new team and this means there is a lot of room for experimentation and adaptation, but in these early days we lack some of the structure that a more established group would have. We’re looking for someone who is data-driven and analytical in their approach, and yet also able to use sound judgement to make smart decisions in the absence of data.
Be scrappy: The GSF team operates like a start-up – we’re moving fast and learning and adapting along the way. We’re looking for people who are willing to dive in and solve a variety of problems and own the solution end-to-end.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline
- 3-5- years of product management experience
- Mastery of Product Management principles
- Demonstrated experience in working with Agile / Scrum / Kanban methodologies to delivery complex Software solutions
- Experience working on technical, developer-facing products
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience in customers insights and various testing methods
- Strong attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics (SQL, Excel, etc.) to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, and ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment.
- Experience working with hardware and/or firmware.