Python Engineer III (20644-1)Regular price
Job Title: Python Engineer III (20644-1)
Type: W2 Contract
Duration: 6 months with scope for extension/conversion
Client: Leading Social Media Company
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
**Must have US Work Authorization**
The main responsibilities of a Python Engineer include writing and testing code, debugging programs and integrating applications with third-party web services.
• Write effective, scalable code
• Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
• Integrate user-facing elements into applications
• Review and approve modifications to existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
• Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
• Improve functionality of existing systems
• Implement security and data protection solutions
• Assess and prioritize feature requests
• Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
• Counsel customers about software system design and maintenance.
• Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
• Hands-on experience in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
• Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
• Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
• Knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.