Senior Python EngineerRegular price
Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don't make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Narrativ gives creators the opportunity to earn meaningful, reliable income in commerce without needing to have millions of fans.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don't need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World's Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
What You Will Do
- Provide technical and design leadership within an engineering team.
- Master the code base, toolchain, and development processes of a product team.
- Work with product management partners to articulate requirements and agree on designs for components.
- Negotiate interfaces between your components and others in the Narrativ system.
- Design software components and subsystems for Narrativ's products or infrastructure.
- Implement high-quality software components and subsystems with your team.
- Document the architecture of your designs at the block diagram level.
- Write technical documents as needed to memorialize design and implementation decisions and rationales.
- May serve as tech lead (player-coach) of an implementation team.
- Drive implementation of automated testing for your components.
- Contribute to refinement and enrichment of development tools and processes.
- Participate in risk analysis and risk management exercises with engineering leadership.
What You Bring to the Role
- A successful candidate will have substantial relevant experience in high-tech software development teams.
- A bachelor's or better degree in computer science or software engineering -or-
- A bachelor's or better degree in a STEM discipline plus substantial software engineering experience
Narrativ Tech Stack
One of the most frequent questions asked by candidates of Narrativ engineers is, "What is your tech stack?" This is a brief overview of our tech stack.
Narrativ's systems are implemented as a modern microservices architecture running on Linux servers hosted in AWS. We use Kubernetes to manage our containers, we use Flask to construct our Web interfaces. We build interactivity in our web interfaces using React. We use Linux, and in particular Debian, Ubuntu, and Alpine distros.
We test each language with an appropriate unit testing tool - JUnit, PyTest, ScalaTest, ExUnit, and Jasmine. We use Jenkins to run our builds and tests.
Check-ins against the main branch require a code review by another SWE.
We keep some data in Snowflake, some in Postgres, others in DynamoDB, and some, of course, in MySQL. We build our product graph using Neptune and Gremlin. We are working to reduce the number of databases we rely on.