Senior Software EngineerRegular price
About the job
Do you love learning the latest data technologies and solving scaling problems?
Please come join our team that owns the centralized data ingestion platform fulfilling the financial business events needs across the groups within Enterprise and Commerce group. Our systems ingest millions of events per hour in real time - process, augment and publish these events in near real time to different internal systems. This system is the enterprise service bus designed to consolidate the commerce events for various financial entities providing a consistent, scalable, and reliable events consumption experience to the consumers. We strive to leverage the latest technologies for events processing and storage continuous improvements of technologies that provide scalability, reliability and performance for our services. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us in our work to accelerate the pace of our innovation, improve the resiliency of our data ingestion services, and ensure we provide an agile platform that empowers the rest of Microsoft Commerce.
In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle - design, develop, test, deploy, monitor and support for high scale systems. You will have an opportunity to create impact working with multiple teams (upstream and downstream)as we strive to create a centralized quality experience for all the event consumers.
As a software engineer in this team, you will
- Drive design decisions and features implementation end to end
- Participate in design, implementation, and execution across a variety of features.
- Write code and test cases for feature development
- Provide guidance and code reviews for other team members.
- Debug and resolve operational issues
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education
- 5+ years of experience in developing systems / solutions using C# or Java or any other object oriented programming language.
- Technical design, problem solving, and debugging skills.
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Experience with source control and build systems
- Experience with public cloud products, ideally Azure Kubernetes Clusters, Cosmos DB, Event Grid, Event Hub, Service Bus
- Experience working with/developing financial systems
- Experience in building features from the ground up
- Experience with cross-discipline and cross-team collaboration
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of .NET, C# and associated toolsets / frameworks