Senior Software Engineer - PHPRegular price
At Higher Logic, engagement happens here. As the industry-leading, human-focused engagement platform we deliver powerful online communities and communication tools to organizations looking to build, retain, and grow their member or customer base. We’re obsessed with engagement and, with over 13 years of experience in the industry, we’ve got it down to a science. We are a global company with offices throughout the US, Canada, and Australia. We serve more than 3,000 customers, representing over 350,000 online communities with over 200 million users across 42 countries worldwide.
Our team is a thriving community of authentic people with diverse experiences and perspectives. We are honest and genuine and believe that sharing ideas and feedback openly helps us to be successful. We believe that diversity and empathy bring us #AllTogether to make us stronger. We learn from failure and successes because both help us to grow and learn. We strive to understand the why behind our actions and bring our best selves to work every day.
Higher Logic is looking for an eager Senior PHP Developer ready to help grow our platform and build out strong solutions. The role is heavily focused on back-end development, with the opportunity to keep your front-end skills fresh from time to time.
- Work in a multidisciplinary agile team to build and maintain features.
- Write code with proper testing and review code of fellow teammates.
- Triage and fix bugs.
- Work closely with our front-end developers (web and UX), designers and product manager to build thoughtful and polished features.
- Use modern technologies and the latest web standards that scale to serve millions of users and perform well on all kinds of devices and platforms.
- Work primarily within the scope of your team, but you’ll also belong to the guild of your craft to enhance the quality and understanding of it through mentorship and sharing experiences. Guilds are a great place to propose new or updated coding practices, suggest improvements to the architecture and otherwise empower people with knowledge to improve their everyday work.
- Agile values and principles.
- SOLID. KISS. DRY.
- Design patterns. DI. Singleton. Decorator. Chain-of-responsibility.
- Dealing with race conditions (Database, Cache, Filesystem).
- Dealing with scalability issues.
- Dealing with security and vulnerabilities issues.
- Dealing with MySQL query optimization.
- 7+ years of professional web development experience.
- 5+ years of experience working with
- PHP with a major OOP framework.
- Modular/Pluggable architecture.
- REST API architecture.
- Testing framework (PHPUnit or similar).
- Experienced breaking down complex tasks.
What you'll earn:
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive health benefits package.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Healthcare and dependent-care flexible spending account.
- Company short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Company culture that recognizes its employees.
- Room for growth and development and management that cares about your professional growth and will help you achieve your goals.
- Significant advancement opportunities for outstanding performers.
Higher Logic is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.