Senior Software Engineer, SearchRegular price
About the job
About The Team
We’re looking for talented software engineers to work with us on building a multi-channel communication platform that enables teams to communicate with prospects and customers in real-time.
We’re still very early on in this journey and are looking for experienced backend engineers to help us build an extensible platform that allows businesses to communicate wherever their audiences are, provide them with contextual information and insights, automate routine tasks, and decide what to act on next.
We want folks who are excited about answers to questions like: How can we make communication across many different channels feel seamless? How do we make the product resilient and fault tolerant as we rely on an increasing number of channel integrations? How can we build a complex product that’s also a joy to use?
What We're Looking For
- A strong engineer interested in writing in Java
- Take ownership, work collaboratively, and figure things out
- Consistently work to deliver reliable, performant, well-tested code
- Have a thirst for technical challenges with big data and distributed systems, including HBase, Kafka, Elasticsearch and Dropwizard
- Demonstrate pragmatic decision making and problem-solving abilities
- Have a customer-centric attitude and develop opinions about the HubSpot product
- Can think through problems with a “real-time” angle, as live conversations between our customers and their customers are always-on, and don’t follow a typical request/response model