Site Reliability Engineer - CloudRegular price
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next-generation, cutting-edge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with other experts in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture? Want to make an impact that matters? Consider Deloitte Global.
Work you'll do:
We are looking for an Information Technology individual to focus on the Reliability of the Private and Public cloud applications. You will formulate, deliver, and/or manage assigned projects and work with stakeholders or IT teams across Deloitte. Candidate is expected to have the technical expertise to drive technology strategy, execution, and improvements across the Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Candidate will be working to modernize IT operations using Infrastructure as Code, Monitoring as Code, and build & deliver solutions to achieve the desired results. We want someone who relentlessly pursues excellence, has the deep and broad technical expertise, and can build relationships across teams.
- Ensure user visible uptime and quality, providing operational and development expertise in making our systems fail rarely, and fast to fix when they do fail
- Minimize manual involvement by imagining & implementing continuous improvements that create an operating environment, including the development of new tools, dynamically monitoring, alerting, & automated self-healing & recovery
- Identify and/or analyze problems relating to mission critical services and implement automation to prevent problem recurrence, with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Engage in application performance analysis and system tuning, and capacity planning
- Perform root cause analysis to identify & implement continuous improvements
- Present analyses and recommendations to leadership and discuss technical merits of solutions with engineers and architects.
- Deliver assignments based on project objectives and support projects to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are of high quality.
- Work with teams to bring continuous improvement to DevOps processes and tools
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and implement global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has opportunities. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark. Deloitte Technology Services works at the forefront of technology development and processes to support and protect Deloitte around the world. In this truly global environment, we operate not in "what is" but rather "what can be" to help Deloitte deliver and connect with its clients, its communities, and one another in ways not previously conceived. Required:
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 7 years of experience in managing full application stacks from OS up through custom applications and hands-on experience using a leading cloud platform provider highly preferred (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud)
- Strong understanding across Cloud and infrastructure components (IaaS, PaaS & hybrid implementation) and its administration.
- Experience with Azure PaaS and IaaS services such as Azure storage solutions, app service environments, App Gateway and KeyVaults
- Experience with cloud networking such as VNETs, Subnets, NSGs, Azure private link and DNS & firewall management
- Strong experience with Azure DevOps & Developing templates or scripts to automate everyday developer or operations functions.
- Hands-on experience scripting (PowerShell / Python).
- Experience with instrumentation, monitoring, alerting and responding relative to performance and availability of applications.
- Experience with deploying tools across the Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment pipeline (examples include Azure DevOps, Git, SVN, Terraform, Maven/Ant, or similar)
- Experience with Kubernetes (AKS)
- Experience with SQL
- Working knowledge of MongoDB
- MS Azure DevOps Engineer Expert and/or similar certification
- Strong experience with Azure DevOps and Git or similar development repositories
- Experience with automation/configuration management using DevOps tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform
- Working knowledge of related technologies including encryption, IPsec, VLANs, VPNs, routing, firewalls, proxy services, LAN/WAN connectivity
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle, test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Knowledge of the concepts and principles behind DevOps, SRE, CICD, Agile, Lean, etc
- Strong experience with PowerShell scripting
- Help refine DevSecOps security practices (including regular security patching, privileged account management, SSL certificate updates, minimum-permission accounts and policies, encryption) in compliance with Deloitte security standards and regulations, implement, and verify them, using tools including VigilantShield, HP Fortify SCA, Qualys to analyze and verify compliance.
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do-that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.