Software Dev Engineer Intern (Fall 2022)Regular price
About the job
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
NOTE: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Herndon, VA, and Arlington, VA.
Have you ever thought about helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies?
The Amazon Web Services team is innovating new ways of building massively scalable distributed systems and delivering the next generation of cloud computing that supports public AWS offerings like S3, EC2, and CloudFront.
The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved brands – customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Our interns write real software and collaborate with a select group of experienced software development engineers (SDEs) who guide interns on projects that matter to our customers.
As an intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to influence the evolution of AWS technology and lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code, and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, automation, optimization, scalability, and security – just to name a few.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in activities with other interns throughout your internship.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment, and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
- Ability to design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and helps you further develop your skillset.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Amazon fall internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates between August and September 2022. Applicants must be able to work full-time in the fall semester and should have a minimum of one quarter/semester remaining in their studies after their internship concludes.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Previous technical internship(s), if applicable.
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
- Active security clearance, secret or higher.
Company - Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Job ID: A2120475