Software Developer internshipRegular price
About the job
At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions —because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people’s lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers. Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2023 Global Internship Program as a Software Development Intern! As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, and are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group ‘coffee chats’. Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About The Team
Labcorp Global Specimen Solutions is focused on bringing specimen insights to pharmaceutical clients through or software products and services.
Internship Assignment Summary
Develop software solutions for internal departments and external clients based on specifications. Responsible for the development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products. Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities. SW Engineers may develop a range of products including mobile apps, web apps, deployment automation, cloud monitoring, integration logic, and patches.
- Provides and/or follows technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Participates in determining technical objectives with medium direction / oversight.
- Work with team leads on design decisions.
- Works effectively with cross-functional and/or global teams, readily shares information with others.
- Complete development tasks efficiently and with a high degree of code quality
- Working towards bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Has experience delivering multiple projects in an academic or professional setting
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and internal/external colleagues
- Embraces diverse ways of thinking through various forms collaboration and partnership
Labcorp Is Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement (https://www.labcorp.com/hipaa-privacy/web-privacy-policy) .