Software Developer (NASA IMOC II)Regular price
About the job
Leidos' NASA Integrated Mission Operations (IMOC II) Program has the opportunity for an experienced Software Development Professional. This position is responsible for developing software solutions from beginning to end. The Software Developer will aid and perform research and analysis to determine software project cycle, including: estimating tasks, scheduling of assigned projects, and ensuring schedules are met or revised as necessary. The selected candidate will provide software and application development in support of onboard the International Space Station (ISS) and future Artemis crew operations. The Software Developer will apply current industry standard software knowledge to design and develop code that meets NASA standards. Will maintain code, troubleshoot software-related problems, and provide front-end graphical user interface designs. Performs software testing and ensures quality assurance standards are achieved. Will support, maintain, and document software functionality.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about the application of Information Technology (IT) to spaceflight, and serve a strong advocate for the crew user. Must be team-focused and able to adapt quickly to highly collaborative efforts across multiple organizations. Self-starter who is capable of excelling in a dynamic environment, working effectively both independently and as part of a team. Will apply prior experience integrating across various functional areas, leading teams, and negotiating win-win solutions among multiple stakeholders. Applies technical knowledge and operational concepts to make effective decisions. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a strict adherence to deadlines are required. The candidate must be able to effectively communicate and understand complex technical and operational issues. The position may occasionally require work on nights, weekends, and holidays.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and test custom software for the benefit of crew members onboard the ISS and/or future Artemis missions.
- Provide operational support for internally developed and crew-requested applications.
- Integrate inputs from multiple teams and balance requests against the priorities of the Flight Operations Directorate (FOD).
- Develop required software documentation and internal group documentation.
- Support technical meetings.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related field (ex. Physics, Math)
- Minimum 4 years of direct software development experience
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills and strong demonstrated customer service
- Large-scale Integrated Development Environment (IDE) experience (ex.Visual Studio, Git)
- Software maintenance experience and working on shared code with other developers
- Knowledge of and exposure to Agile development environment
Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.