Software Developer - New GraduateRegular price
About the job
Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the health and safety of our employees and their families remains our highest priority. Our student employment opportunities may vary in starting on-site/in-person or remain in a virtual setting. This will be dependent on the critical needs of the specific role each student is hired for. The ManTech EXCELerate Program is honored to continue our world-class early career programs for 2022.
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Software Developer Associate to join our team. Locations vary depending on business needs.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
Use your skills learned in and out of school on ManTech’s mission critical work. ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission-oriented Software Developer Associate to join our mission. At ManTech, you will work on innovative projects that offer great technical challenges.
- Assisting the Development Leads/Managers with all aspects of software design and coding.
- Attending and contributing to company development meetings.
- Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Working on minor bug fixes.
- Build and deploy applications in cloud computing
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Responding to requests from the development team.
- Gathering information from consumers about program functionality.
- Writing reports.
- Conducting development tests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Basic programming experience
- Knowledge of Relational and NOSQL databases
- Experience working and collaborating within an agile team using collaboration tools like Slack, Office 365, Google Suite, Atlassian
- Knowledge or reverse engineer system components as necessary
- Basic understanding of cyber security and secure systems
- Experience with research tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding, and network security and encryption
- A passion for software development and engineering
- Strong grasp of operating system fundamentals, including interrupts, threading, virtual memory, device drivers and memory management techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of operating system internals and the integration of code with the operating system kernel
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team
- Individuals must be a U.S. Citizen and either hold an active US Security Clearance or must be eligible to obtain a US Security Clearance.
- Applicants with the appropriate skills but without a security clearance are still encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone. ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If You require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.