Software Development EngineerRegular price
About the job
Did you know that over 58% of Amazon’s gross merchandise sales come from independent third-party Sellers on Amazon? The Amazon Marketplace enables over 2 million third-party Sellers in eleven marketplaces to offer their products for sale to Amazon customers across the world.
We are hiring software engineers with a strong sense of ownership and a passion for delivering large-scale solutions to support Amazon Business International within our Marketplace organization. This is an opportunity to join the business at an early stage and build a new technology solution in the very earliest days of this business.
Amazon Business is serving the needs of business customers – from the smallest sole proprietors to multi-national corporations, government agencies and non-profit organizations. We launched Amazon Business in the US in 2015. Following successful growth, we have now launched in seven international countries (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, India and Japan). This is a fast-growing and important part of Amazon’s future e-commerce business with great potential to invent at a worldwide scale.
Our goal as a team is to create a seamless global shopping experience for all Amazon Business Customers and Sellers worldwide. Successful software engineers candidates must be innovative, flexible, self-directed and able to design and write high-performance, reliable and maintainable code. The ability to function with a broad understanding of business in a fast paced environment along with a team of talented engineers is essential. If you thrive in such an environment, we’d love to talk to you!
Who says building a career can’t be fun?
- As an early member of Amazon Seller Services, you will have the unique opportunity to develop critical product features that are closely tied to real world problems.
- You will invent solutions to enable services to Amazon that has never been done in the past.
- You will be addressing solutions to complex problems that are unique to our international customers.
- You will have the opportunity to design, implement and test highly scalable solutions using AWS cloud platform and its many products, in challenging agile projects, working with best in class professionals.
- You will have the opportunity to own systems architecture end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions of customers around the world.
A day in the life
About The Hiring Group
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Previous experience developing distributed systems or cloud native applications
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing cloud native applications is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A2204670