Software Development EngineerRegular price
About the job
Are you excited about building massively scalable distributed systems? Do you like building and managing systems that can process hundreds of billions of requests in a day with millions of TPS? The Content Systems team builds the tooling and infrastructure to schedule and deliver critical product and merchandising information across Amazon retail websites, on different devices (e.g. FireTV, Kindle), and AWS to name a few. We focus on content management tools, back-end delivery, optimization systems, content performance analysis and CDNs for hundreds of Amazon teams. Hundreds of internal teams at Amazon rely on our systems and infrastructure to create beloved customers experiences. The team here is building an authoritative store for marketing content metadata and shared components used across various Amazon platforms worldwide. Our team work toward generating insights from the stored data, to assist marketers make better decisions during the campaign creation process. Along the way we intend to use more of Machine Learning based technologies, with a customer-obsessed and highly talented team of engineers. We are looking for passionate skillful back-end leader ready to dive deep keeping extremely high standards working on massively scalable, distributed systems integrating with nearly all parts of the business. In our team, you will indulge your love for diving deeply into complex technical problems, driving incremental system optimizations and raising the bar for operational excellence and development practices even higher. If distributed computing, large-scale system design, machine learning, next-gen technologies excites you then you’ll find this role to be engaging, challenging, and full of opportunities to learn and grow. You will own development and operation of the systems that you develop. If this sounds interesting to you, talk to us!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project. Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs