Software Development Engineer, AdvancedTVRegular price
Amazon's Advertising Technology team builds the technology infrastructure and ad serving systems to manage billions of advertising queries every day. The result is better quality advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for customers. In this organization you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading companies. Amazon Publisher Services (APS) helps publishers of all sizes and on all channels better monetize their content through effective advertising. APS unites publishers with advertisers across devices and media channels. We work with Amazon teams across the globe to solve complex problems for our customers. The end results are Amazon products that let publishers focus on what they do best - publishing.
The Advanced TV team is responsible for building cloud-based advertising technology
services that help digital broadcasters grow their business. Our Advanced TV engineering team focuses on unlocking our ad tech on the most impactful Connected TV streaming devices in the home, bringing real-time capabilities to this medium for the first time. The full stack engineer will create simple and elegant user experiences for Streaming TV (STV) broadcaster publishers, in collaboration with Solutions Architects, Product Managers, and other Software Engineers on the Advanced TV STV team. The team is taking on International expansion for the current products, ad tech capabilities on Prime Video channels and other new video ads initiatives for 1P and 3P services.
The full stack engineer will also help architect and provide guidance on building End-to-End system optimized for low latency, high transactional scale and processing petabytes of data.
Successful members of this team collaborate effectively with cross-functional software
development teams, and engineering teams to solve problems and deliver successfully
against high operational standards of system availability and reliability. We look for
engineers who are excellent communicators, self-motivated, flexible, hardworking, and who like to move fast.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
- 5+ years software development experience in Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design and Databases.
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Able to distill problem definitions and constraints from informal business requirements, and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
- Prior Ad tech experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.