Software Engineer: 100% Remote USRegular price
About the job
This is a 100% fully remote role. Work virtually from anywhere in the Continental U.S.
Why Join Us
Varis is a well-funded and fast-growing technology startup. Our incredible team includes top industry leaders with decades of experience. We are innovation driven, customer centric, and ready to transform eProcurement. Our culture is focused on bold vision, launching the simplest (yet still valuable) initial solution to learn, then either failing or scaling fast. We seek teammates who drive value creation, are great problem solvers, have strong interpersonal savvy, and can successfully learn on the fly
Joining us now is a ground-floor opportunity to shape our limitless future. You will see and feel the direct impact of your work, be surrounded by passionate people, learn how to be an entrepreneur, and be at the center of a highly dynamic business model with tremendous individual and collective potential.
As a Software Development Engineer (SDE), you will design, build and maintain high quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience. Working as an integral part of an Agile development team, you will closely collaborate with your SDE peers, the team lead, senior developers, product managers to translate user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs which will be implemented as production-ready application code using Java and/or Golang.
Ideal candidates should be able to demonstrate coding skills in Java and/or Golang, with up to 2 years of development experience in one of these or a similar language. Candidates should understand public Cloud platforms.
- Partner with senior developers to translate basic user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs.
- Design, build, and maintain high quality technology solutions under management direction that deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Ensure application SLAs are met by employing appropriate monitoring and alerting tools as required by each supported application.
- Focus on professional development through our wide array of learning opportunities for continued growth within the Varis team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or master's degree in Computer Science.
- 0-2 years of SDE work experience.
Language Skills: Proficient in English, demonstrated through professional written and spoken communications.
- Java EE and/or Golang
- Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Vertx, GraphQL
- Ability to create unit tests, performance and integration tests (jUnit, jMeter/k6 & Postman/Newman)
- Kubernetes and/or Docker
- NoSQL DB (i.e.. Couchbase / MongoDB / Elastic)
- RDBMS (i.e.. MySQL / PostgreSQL / MS SQL Server / Oracle)
- Linux/Unix basics
Skills and Abilities:
- Natural problem solver
- Ability to mentally model complex systems
- Ability to break down complex problems into smaller, less complex problems
- Team player
- Detail orientated
- Strong communicator
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all required responsibilities and skills. Other duties and special projects may be assigned. Job descriptions are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% permanent remote work in the United States
- Medical / dental / vision, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Offer (PTO) and company paid holidays
- Health Saving Account (HSA)
- Long Term Disability and Short-Term Disability
- 401(k) matching program
- Discounted auto, home, and pet insurance
- Retirement savings plan rollovers
- Banking services
- Military leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Regular pay for funeral/memorial service observance
- Discounts on Office Depot/Microsoft/Apple products and services
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
Equal Employment Opportunity
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in alignment with the City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Varis is wholly owned by The ODP Corporation, which is the legal employer of Varis associates. ODP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.