Software EngineerRegular price
Founded by Mastercard and IBM, Trūata is a tech start up offering a new approach to handling data anonymization and analytics to help organizations meet the standards of personal data protection envisioned by the GDPR. Trūata offers its customers a service to fully anonymize algorithms and reports that customers can use in their own products and solutions. We are headquartered in Sandyford Dublin 18.
Trūata is now recruiting for Software Engineers in its Analytics Platform Team. This role can be based in the US or Ireland. The successful candidate must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States upon hire. This position cannot be performed in Colorado at this time.
As a Software Engineer, you will be required to architect and build Truata’s Core Platform to support advanced GDPR compliant big data and data analytic applications. You will be a member of a highly capable software team designing and developing applications for big data handling, data wrangling, anonymization, and data analytics. Our PaaS solutions will be deployed in cloud native environments providing highly scalable and secure data management.
As engineering culture is important to us, a great candidate will be intellectually curious and honest, passionate and hungry to expand his skills, and a great team player with a high sense of ownership of the delivered software, while developing high-quality team-oriented solutions to complex software engineering problems. This role is meant to be computer programming intensive.
- Ensure the long-term quality in term of architectural designs and code quality
- Communicate frequently with product management, data pipelines, data science and other teams to coordinate work efforts
- Full software lifecycle participation including design, development, testing, bug fixing, cloud deployment, and maintenance process automation.
- Participate in a highly collaborative Agile Scrum team based software development process
What you need:
- 3 + years’ experience working in software application development as a programmer
- Strong experience in Scala, Java or Python
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required
- Big Data experience is advantageous
- Demonstrated professional expertise in understanding and implementing OO design patterns, developing container-based applications in a microservices architecture, using the state-of-the-art software engineering best practices
- Creativity and passion for tackling challenging data problems and willingness to work in a start-up environment
- Experience with Git or other similar version control software
- Experience and commitment in developing high quality, robust, scalable, and maintainable software. Knowledge of testing frameworks, CI/CD, test automation, and software monitoring and alertin
- Curious, and eager to learn, willing to expand its technical skills while helping other team members to grow
What would also be great to have:
- Experience with messaging queues such as Kafka, RabbitMQ or JMS and reactive architecture paradigm
- Experience designing and developing highly available fault tolerant software.
- Experience in architecture and development of data models and data dictionaries in big data systems
- Familiar with at least one large cloud computing provider like IBM cloud, Azure and AWS
We take pride in offering an energetic and contemporary employee experience, supported by and array of benefits that provide our employees and their families with flexibility, quality and value. These include excellent health insurance, contributory pension scheme and free lunches!
Life at Truata
At Trūata, we celebrate our successes and grow from our learnings. We invest in smart decision making for our future, and we’re honest and ethical in everything we do. And with our eminently client-centric approach, our customers are the beating heart of our entire business model.
Cutting-edge technologies. Challenging work. A fast-paced environment—and a warm, supportive culture. If you’re eager to learn, ready to broaden your mind, and passionate about innovating novel solutions to novel problems, Trūata might just be for you.
Truata is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Truata makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.