Software Engineer 3Regular price
About the job
Who we are:
Irdeto is the world leader in digital platform cybersecurity, empowering businesses to innovate for a secure, connected future. Building on over 50 years of expertise in security, Irdeto’s services and solutions protect revenue, enable growth and fight cybercrime in video entertainment, video games, and connected industries including transport, health and infrastructure. With teams and offices around the world, Irdeto’s greatest asset is its people and diversity is celebrated through an inclusive workplace, where everyone has an equal opportunity to drive innovation and support Irdeto’s success. Irdeto is dedicated to being the security partner to empower a secure world where people can connect with confidence.
Irdeto is developing software solutions which are embedded into devices widely deployed in households all over the world. If you like a mix of real-time processing, multimedia technology and improving the user experience – you are tailored for this position! With the growing team we are seeking an ambitious and fast-learning Software Engineer who will contribute to the development of our “UI Application”, “Android”, "Home Networking", "VOD (Pull/Push)" and OTT solutions for Irdeto middleware. You will be working in a small but experienced team environment, interacting on a daily basis with our extensive engineering teams across the world (Paris, Netherlands, China etc) which makes this a very dynamic and global role.
Your mission at Irdeto:
- Develop and implement software products using Core Java or C/C++.
- Interact with the external teams in Irdeto (for example remote test teams) to ensure the quality of the products.
- Gain a strong understanding of our customer needs from the Product team.
- Write source code documentation.
- Work with our product development team to create, enhance, and deploy Irdeto’s middleware product.
How you can add value to the team?
- Experienced in developing and implementing software products using Java or C/C++.
- Good working experience in design & development of software within the area of DVB, MPEG2, STB, Digital TV,
Android TV/RDK (Preferred).
- Multiple years of experience in programming software applications with Embedded Java technology.
- Should have strong knowledge of MPEG2-TS, working knowledge of Set Top Box, DVB-S/S2, DVB-T and DSMCC.
- Strong interest in designing and developing complex software applications.
- Strong understanding of DVB SI/PSI & Middleware for broadcasting standards.
- Self-starter (should be able to look at the requirements and start coding).
- Experience in Linux development, HAL, Drivers (a plus).
- Experience in development with AWT or HAVi Java Graphical APIs (a plus).
- Should have obtained an Engineering Degree in Computer science or Information Technology or Electronics &
- Experience in Multimedia, OTT streaming technologies is desirable but not essential.
- Proficient verbal and written English language skills.
What you can expect from us:
Irdeto is a people first organization where you can secure your future. Our values of Trust, Accountability, Agility and Innovation inform our culture. We believe in connecting people and developing careers with a strong focus on collaboration, creativity, health and happiness among our globally diverse workforce.
In addition to competitive remuneration and extensive benefits we offer:
- An international & multicultural environment where diversity and inclusivity are celebrated and embraced
- Professional educational opportunities and training program
- Innovation sabbatical
- Volunteer Day
- State of the art office space
- On the job coaching and mentoring
- Flexible work arrangements – via our Work Hard Anywhere policy.
- Some of us run city marathons and even go on snowboarding trips together!
- Casual Friday? Casual every day!
- US$ 500 net for your home office setup after you passed your trial period
- And many additional perks customized to global locations (canteen, fresh fruit, amazing coffee, parking, on-site gym, yoga room to name a few)
With over 50 successful years of business innovation behind us, and an exciting digital and connected future ahead of us, Irdeto is a progressive company to join. We are looking for people who will keep us at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Welcome to Irdeto!
Irdeto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on identity or innate characteristics, instead we aim to build a diverse, inclusive culture where your talent counts.
At Irdeto, we appoint based on merit, following a fair and transparent process and we welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.