Software EngineerRegular price
About the job
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM IEW&S Directorate Sensors and Mission Division (SMED) based in Aberdeen MD with operations located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services, subject matter expertise, and software solutions and services for platforms such as the Long-Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3), Biometric Automated Toolset Army (BAT-A), Second Generation Forward Looking Infrared (SGF), Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS), Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS), Small Tactical Radar Lightweight (STARLite), Operational Procedure Trainer (OPT) and a full range of related Aerial Sensors Suite of Systems. This support is an essential in maintaining readiness for today’s modern platform sensor systems.
- Will assist in providing functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- The successful candidate will assist in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems.
- Assist in solving engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned. Will be responsible for, creating and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks involved in a software release. Duties include computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing.
- Will be involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product.
- Capable of working independently or on a team capacity to design, develop, and maintain software for a variety of sensor applications.
- Work with system engineers to understand their analytic or interface requirements. Develop tools and interfaces.
- Design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications.
- Candidate will work in collaborative mission operations software environment focused on Cyber, SIGINT, and Intelligence, Electronic Warfare & Sensors (IEW&S) Sensors System and Software Support capabilities.
- Candidate will design and deliver corrections and enhancements to software as defined by customer and provide recommendations based on technical expertise.
- Candidate will assist in analyzing the requirement, design of the recommended solution, implementation (i.e., coding) of the fix, analyzing, and recommending logistics support requirements, and unit testing of the modified software.
- Good communication skills are a must.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Understanding of software engineering best practices,
- Familiarity with agile software development and working with team lead to define requirements and plan initiatives
- Familiarity with one or more of the following languages: C#, C++, .net and Visual basic.
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence and Git / GitHub repositories.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows (7 and 10.)
- Familiarity with either Linux, CentOS, or Windows operating systems a plus
- Knowledge Active Directory integrated DNS and integrated LDAP
- Willing to travel up to 10% CONUS to support operational requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability at generating software engineering documentation.
- Experience working within matrixed teams.
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI Clearance with the ability to obtain a poly
- An advance degree would be a plus
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center (SEC) Production Software Support (PPSS) & Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) processes a plus.
- Familiarity with Virtual Machines (VMWare, etc.)
- Familiar EMARSS family of systems and related sensors
- Familiarity with Java, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Python, Bash, XML, Linux Programming, VMWare/VCenter, Maven, Subversion, Eclipse IDE
- Experience with building installers.
- Knowledge of VisualDSP++.
- Preferred candidate should have a TS/SCI w Poly
Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.