Software Engineer - ApprenticeshipRegular price
About the job
At Jack Henry, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you'll join us. We can't do it without you. As a Software Engineer Apprentice, you'll be a key player in the development effort to craft leading edge Financial Technology systems. You are in the early stage of developing as a software engineer and will be growing your skillset through meaningful experiences and continuous feedback from those around you. We're seeking someone who is humble, hungry, smart, and driven to simplify the online bill pay experience for our customers. Our ideal candidate demonstrates the ability to think quickly and serves as a proactive and collaborative problem solver; not a heads-down coder that always works on their own. They approach problems with a "beginner's mind" and an absence of bias when working through solutions. This position will be a full-time work hours and can be worked remotely throughout the U.S. or out of the Elizabethrown, KY office or Louisville, KY office. This position pays $25.00/hour and has a targeted start date of October 3, 2022.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with teams to ensure timely, effective, and quality delivery of secure software into production.
- Works autonomously at times on small, well-defined tasks, while asking for help when needed and escalating blockers in a reasonable time frame. Most of the time, you will be coding and testing in paired or mob programming sessions with your agile team.
- Communicates with and accepts feedback from other engineers, with a focus on increasing your knowledge base.
- Commits to doing whatever it takes to ensure quality product delivery; including test case reviews, test case writing, manual testing, performance testing and test automation, as needed.
What you'll need to have:
- Working towards a degree, certificate, or completion of a technical program through an accredited university or coding/software bootcamp.
- Able to work full-time hours during the apprenticeship program.
- Meet legal requirements to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time without any sponsorship from Jack Henry.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as Angular, React, Due, or Lit Elements.
- A basic understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies and the value it provides in delivering superior customer solutions.
- A passion and excitement for cross-collaboration and group work.
- Knowledge of application design and architecture.
If you've gotten this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to Emet motivated people who align with Jack Henry's mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Why Jack Henry?
Jack Henry's apprenticeship program offers specialized training for individuals still developing their technical proficiency through a coding school, bachelor’s degree, online certification, or technical program. Through Jack Henry’s apprenticeship program, apprentices partner with the industry’s best talent to produce highly visible results that impact the business and Jack Henry’s customers. Apprentices will receive paid on the job training through mentorship and hands-on learning experiences that will build upon and expand their current technical skillset.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our Corporate Responsibility site to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law. No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.