Software Engineer - Co-Op Fall 2022Regular price
About the job
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Motorola Solutions has created the first and only technology ecosystem built for Public Safety. Radio and broadband communications are now unified. Software solutions are integrated from end-to-end. Video is intelligently captured and analyzed. Our Command Central Public Safety technology is always protected and always advancing.
This trusted ecosystem was built on our unified data platform to bring consistency to Public Safety data, response, workflows, user experience, and communications. It provides a secure foundation, unifies teams and technologies, and strengthens decision-making so public safety agencies can collaborate like never before.
You will join a team of talented software engineers who work directly with product and engineering teams to constantly improve reliability across the CommandCentral. You will be involved in improving observability, fault-tolerant architecture, performance metrics, and system maintenance capabilities.
Tech stack: Kubernetes, ELK, AWS, Azure, Terraform, Chaos, Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience coding and debugging in languages such as Java, C#, Angular
- Experience developing cloud-based solutions, including working with CI/CD pipelines
- You are passionate about learning new technical ecosystems and contributing to building and running distributed systems at scale in production
- Interested in working with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with familiarity of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing
- Interested in identifying performance bottlenecks, identifying anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incident
- You bring enthusiasm for solving interesting problems
- Knowledge and working experience developing REST-based APIs and implementing microservice principles and architectures
- Experience developing applications for cloud-based architecture utilizing microservices and multi-tenant database architecture
- Development or design experience with feature flags, canary releases, or subscription management platforms
- Experience in systems programming (network stack, file system, OS services) and networking (L2 vs. L3, network architecture, VLANs, etc)
- Demonstrated understanding and proficiency in application containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experienced in common DevOps methodologies and knowledgeable in tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, GitLab, etc.
- Experience with test automation and continuous integration and deployment
- Experience working in Agile teams leveraging Scrum, Kanban, or other methodologies and/or understanding of Agile development concepts
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, and strong record of academic achievement.
- Must be graduating December 2022 or later
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Motorola Solutions and maintain compliance with these requirements.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits Include
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.