Software Engineer - Early Career (2022)Regular price
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
More than anything, we seek engineers with strong coding fundamentals and a track record of high quality engineering. We work in a highly collaborative environment, where most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture - you can read more about our engineering values on our blog. This early career role is focused on engineers with six months to one year of industry software engineer experience.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- In 30 days, you will…
- Be paired with an onboarding buddy on your team who will help you ramp in our codebase and get to know Figma. You’ll move from starter tasks meant to familiarize you with our workflows, to joining your teammates on larger projects
- Understand how we operate as a business through our comprehensive onboarding program, Figma Today
- Get to know your Figmates across the company!
- In 60 days, you will…
- Work closely with teammates and partners in Product, Design, Marketing, User Research, and Data Science to build new features and achieve roadmap goals. We prioritize collaboration and cross-functional partnerships, so you won’t operate in silos
- Craft performance objectives with your manager that align to company priorities and career development opportunities
- Help grow Figma by interviewing candidates for teams across the Engineering organization'
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Six months to one year of full-time software engineering experience, post-graduation
- Solid technical knowledge including CS fundamentals and data structures
- The ability to communicate technical problems and solutions
- A growth mindset with an eagerness to learn and contribute not only to your engineering team, but the entire organization
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
- Figma's engineering values
- Coming Together at Config
- Inside Figma: my time as a new grad
- Inside Figma: a Q&A with our 2021 interns and new grads
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.